advertisement

Sonos ARC sound bar

Spike

pfm Member
Wow, wow wow!
Just changed my living room TV system. Removed my Anthony Gallo 5.1 system with Micro Ti's and TR-2 sub Linn Komponent 106 centre powered by various amps. I have to say this thing is amazing. Dolby Atmos is fantastic. Will try with two Sonos Ones as rears next.
If you're in the market for a sound bar, you'll not be disappointed.
I'm away to play and listen.

Having listened to music via Spotify last night I’m actually even more impressed. I have a small issue as I’ve used the Sonos wall bracket to install it on under the tv on my stand and not the wall. Just discovered that a small magnet in the bracket reduces bass assuming it’s wall mounted and there is bass reinforcement from the wall. Need further research and tweaking. still very impressed.

I bought my two sons a Sonos Beam each recently and both love it when playing games and movies. My daughter uses a pair of the IKEA bookshelf units to listen to music. She seems to prefer that to her Denon DM40.

"What made you choose the IKEA surrounds over the Sonos ones, and would you add surrounds or sub first?"

It may be that they are made by Sonos so work just like Ones so fit in with the Sonos ecosystem. They're also cheaper and look good. With an Arc I'm not sure if the extra for Ones is justified.
Two Subs!!!! Are they the Sonos Subs?
I will add one at a later date. I would imagine a sub first. This also frees up the bass drivers in the Arc so mids and highs will improve with the Arc.

I used to have Sonos ones as rear surrounds which are now in the shed system but I think the IKEA ones look better (disappear) in the book shelf behind me.

I would defiantly go for surrounds before subs every time, they make a huge difference while watching a film, subs are nice but a luxury where as surrounds are essential in my opinion.

My TV is mounted on a Spectral swivel stand so the rears would be in weird positions I will probably add the Sub before the rears.

Got a Sonos Arc on Saturday. What a difference to TV sound, only downside is watching Alien Sunday and the cat was not too happy with the increased transients and bass.

Was hiding under the couch.

For those who want the ultimate SB , may i suggest the Sennheiser Ambeo partnered with SVS PB2000. I recently upgraded to this combo , its that good i had 2 put WD40 on the door hinges to stop the vibrations :)

The only slightly annoying thing since getting the Arc is that at night I sometimes use my blue tooth headphones and there seems to be a battle who gets prominence the Arc or the headphones.
Sometimes the sound switches to the headphones and sometimes it stays on the Arc. I need to identify the guilty party: TV or Arc.

advertisement

Back