advertisement

MacBook Pro cross-border UK:EU warranty issue

To update & complete this thread: I'm delighted to report that following an online Money Claim I initiated in mid-January, Apple caved in yesterday and have agreed to pay the repair costs and court fee in full.

That said, my opinion is now that Apple is quite a slippery creature to pin down : on the one hand, superbly professional and apparently helpful customer support staff (as well as great products), but on the other, an organisation that carefully avoids responsibility for some of its failures and in this case completely contradicted itself whilst trying to excuse itself from paying up (without posting the details of claim in full, I realise that I am leaving this part unexplained). I think anyone who's never had any experience with litigation might find it a step too far without at least some form of legal assistance. I actually enjoy the challenge, retired old git that I am... & I wanted to show that it IS possible to succeed in such situations /certainly worth a try.

As previously mentioned, the other challenging component is that a claim under UK or EU Consumer Rights laws is not at all the same as a straightforward warranty claim: the very helpful input from @Derek Wright suggesting that as long as the issue has already been well-reported by others, one may not necessarily have to have reported it previously oneself, was I felt very important.

The claim was made online via the Gov.uk Money Claim web pages & cost £60. It's straightforward enough to do if you understand the arguments you need to make (& as I said, professional help is essential if you do not).

PS.This will be last pfm post, as I've decided to leave the forum. A few years back, I introduced a filter into my life in the form of a simple question, "Does this activity (forum, group of people, sport, study, exercise, whatever) enrich my life, yes or no ?" If not, then I simply leave (Facebook was the first to go) & I've never regretted it. I'm afraid the recent Off Topic thread about possible consequences for those of us who at present choose not to be vaccinated against Covid was for me the last straw.

In these pages, I've encountered many delightful, helpful - & sometimes extremely humorous - people, all of whom have my great appreciation and thanks, but there are clearly some grumpy old men here who may be - astonishing as it may seem - even grumpier than me and I just can't be bothered.

So thank-you everyone: good luck, stay healthy and.... sayonara.

Personally I think people who refuse to be vaccinated should jailed and forced to be vaccinated, obviously people with medical issues excepted.

Putting the population at risk cause your a prick isn’t on and they should feel the full force of the law.

PS.This will be last pfm post, as I've decided to leave the forum.

I hope you exercise your right to be forgotten. Many forum owners believe it doesn't apply to them, but it does depending on the posts.

Personally I think people who refuse to be vaccinated should jailed and forced to be vaccinated, obviously people with medical issues excepted.

Putting the population at risk cause your a prick isn’t on and they should feel the full force of the law.

I think that those who can't respect other people's beliefs or wishes should have been terminated at birth.

advertisement

Back