advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

I felt a bit ropey about 2 weeks after the AZ jab but I certainly couldn`t assume that it was related. The night time temperature has increased quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Had ours yesterday afternoon. Pfizer. Just a slightly sore arm this morning, hope it stays that way.

You're perhaps confusing 'Astra Zeneca' with 'extra cynical'. Easily done, especially in a noisy environment.

building was literally empty of "patients" [originally the Motorola facility in Bathgate, now called the Pyramids ] but the flow dynamics looked pretty impressive for busier periods, bit boring having to sit still for 15 mins after injection

building was literally empty of "patients" [originally the Motorola facility in Bathgate, now called the Pyramids ] but the flow dynamics looked pretty impressive for busier periods, bit boring having to sit still for 15 mins after injection
Interesting.
I had AZ and was told right off you go.
I queried it and asked didn’t I have to wait for 15 minutes and was told not with AZ only with Pfizer.

My daughter is an admin at a vaccinating centre and their guidance is driver should wait. The risk is one of fainting but for AZ it is pretty low hence only for drivers. They will also check records for anaphylaxis responses.
I imagine if you are needle shy, you might well be a bit tense or keyed up on arrival at the vaccination centre. And once the vaccine has been delivered, the relief could cause a physical reaction which could easily manifest as fainting (if you were tense, you might have been holding your breath without realising it during the process). So it’d make sense to sit awhile in case you feel a bit wobbly.

Bored ? I was delighted.

advertisement

Back