advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

Not a great batting performance apart from Moen have a good swing and ending up top scorer !
The batsmen just could not seem to read the spin or work out how to negate it ,I am not saying this is an easy thing to do on a difficult pitch against excellent bowling but Indian batsmen made 317 more so lots of improvement needed .

A spin bowler who can bat is the most valuable player in those conditions as they 'read' the ball better. Ashwin started his career as an opening batsman.

Not a great batting performance apart from Moen have a good swing and ending up top scorer !
The batsmen just could not seem to read the spin or work out how to negate it ,I am not saying this is an easy thing to do on a difficult pitch against excellent bowling but Indian batsmen made 317 more so lots of improvement needed .

You see this time and again where the bowlers have the conditions, home or away. Building on a lead is always easier than fighting back. Confidence and the knowledge that a couple of quick wickets are expendable is a whole different proposition. I just hope the next pitch lasts beyond tea on the first day, whoever wins the toss.

It’s easy to see why India have been a top team the last few years, they are a very talented team and I just love Pant and Bumrah’s attitude to the game.

Makes you wonder who India could possibly drop to accommodate Bumrah, who is a great bowler. Siraj, I guess, although unlike Bumrah, Siraj can bat. Having said that, India have got such a confident and prolific batting lineup now, especially with Kohli coming back into form, that they don’t really need Siraj’s runs.

In the spirit of learning more about yourself in a bad defeat than you do a good victory, I have spent this morning watching the final day (day 4) of the last test match. In the event, I didn’t actually learn anything knew about the England batting order, it was more of a confirmatory session that we need to win the toss and bat first to stand any chance on wickets in India.

Ray

Charlton Athletic turned up again (apart from Crawley) 81-6. They've been unlucky with close decisions though.

Honestly think they would do better being aggressive and lighter on the feet. Maybe concentrating on hitting the ball is easier than lunging forward with a block.

112 all out. Not content with posting the worst 1 innings score by an England side in India in the last test, they thought they needed to give India more of a chance in the day night match it seems ;)

Shockingly poor. India bowled accurately but there was much less going on than the last pitch, this was just poor. I'm beginning to wonder who had a bet on the first test. ;)

The team selection was very odd , India are packed with spinners because they know the pitch will be prepped for them .
Instead we decide to pack our side with seamers who are not great batsmen .The Indians only took 1 wicket with seam and they bowled few overs . England cannot blame the pitch this time , just very poor batting , rabbits in the headlights prodding away

India are doing an England! 117-6

Root's got a get out of jail free card apparently. 9 down - 135.

advertisement

Back