advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony Records Int'l – SICP-402. CD limited edition reissue from Japan. 2014

R-7217989-1436414936-6965.jpeg.jpg

Sonny Rollins. Newk’s Time.
OIP.96Fpw8ySAUDXKabWE5stEwHaHa

Surrey with the Fringe on Top! I’d forgotten how dynamic the duet between Rollin’s and Jones’ is on this. Exhilarating stuff.

Last edited:
Fabulous album. And all the more incredible for knowing it was improvised along to the film.

Indeed: as discussed in series 3 of Call My Agent while Arlette played a copy on vinyl in her office. In an earlier episode she told the story of how a relationship broke up because she'd had an affair with Chet Baker. Great show!

All on 7” and all very playable condition. (with one exception)

The Kinks
- Dead End Street (misprint as Deadend)
- Days
- Lola
(Apeman looked clean but skips due to warpage - chucked it in the bin :()

Jacky ‘White Horses’ :) took me right back.

Played this several times, it is amazing how different tunes sound when one is used to hearing it on a radio compared to The Stereo, joyous record. (Mono though ;))

R-4679960-1511497394-3053.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Millie* ‎– My Boy Lollipop
Label:
Fontana ‎– TF 449, Fontana ‎– 267331 TF
Format:
Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Mono, 4 Prong Centre
UK
Released:
Genre:
Reggae
Style:
Ska

41RgS40S50L.jpg

Vinyl, the recent Real gone music reissue of of the Black Jazz Music, Soul Jazz 1971 album. Great tenor saxophone playing from the somewhat under rated Johnson though out. Nice solo contributions on piano from John Barns as well. While perhaps not quite Tone Poet sonic reissue standards it is close, the mastering and pressing are still excellent.

CS811959-01A-MED.jpg

Vinyl, the just released reissue by Gotta Groove Records of this this long awaited very rare (only 500 we're ever pressed) Black Unity Trio Free Jazz recording from 1971 (actually recorded in 1968). Perhaps not for the faint hearted, but this is extraordinary and wonderful music. Not quite AAA, but a well documented as beautifully restored from the original good condition master tape using the same type of Ampex original tape machines. The Tone and Dynamics of this reissue along with mastering and pressing are first rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back