advertisement

Peak foo?

Not convinced by the Chord Bridge, but I quite fancy one of the Naim pens......

Yes, I'm thinking of redefining my brand as a wannabe fanboi!

I love that they don't make a single testable claim for its function. Just flowery language.

Surely peak foo were stickers with red triangles that you had to
Place on all components...? Middle of windows too iirc...

A free one from the late dear Peter Belt.

Aligning the slots in screw heads.

Align the slots in all screw heads so that the slots are parallel to the earth’s surface. ALL screws – screws fastening light switches to the wall, screws fastening AC power sockets to the wall, screws fastening shelves to the wall etc. Listen to some music for a short time and then move any of the screw slots away from being parallel to the earth’s surface and see if you can listen to the same music with the same pleasure !!

Is the premise of reducing microphonic vibration foo or are there some products that aim to do this and which the hive mind accepts as valid? I’m thinking still points as an example; are still points foo? Just trying to work out where the limits are.

Is the premise of reducing microphonic vibration foo or are there some products that aim to do this and which the hive mind accepts as valid?

Isolating a turntable, valve equipment, or maybe a high gain phono stage, seems reasonable. But for most solid state, the evidence doesn't seem to support it. But marketing certainly does.

The article linked to below describes an experiment measuring microphony with solid state equipment. I found it interesting.

https://www.audio-forums.com/articles/microphonic-effects-on-solid-state-circuits.17/

Plenty of Foo available on the Goop website...all approved by the doubtlessly fragrant Gwyneth. Foo is not unique to hifi.

Any Foo in other areas you can think of?

advertisement

Back