advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to google Kate Pierson. She looks fun. I was surprised to see that her looks - or at the photos provided by Google - belie her actual vintage. Richard Kelley, who knows about these things, tells me that 1948 was an 'undistinguished' year for Vouvray, but that doesn't really help us.

Anyway, Cabernet d'Anjou can age very well, and Kate seems to be doing so too. My kind of wine, though I couldn't possibly comment on whether she's my kind of girl.

Hair of the hare? Anyway, I like the label.

I had to google Kate Pierson. She looks fun. I was surprised to see that her looks - or at the photos provided by Google - belie her actual vintage. Richard Kelley, who knows about these things, tells me that 1948 was an 'undistinguished' year for Vouvray, but that doesn't really help us.

Anyway, Cabernet d'Anjou can age very well, and Kate seems to be doing so too. My kind of wine, though I couldn't possibly comment on whether she's my kind of girl.

You should have read on: Kate Pierson married her wife, Monica Coleman, on 3 August 2015.

cw-imagen-vino-tinto.jpg

Anyone tried cannabis wine?

https://www.canna-wine.com/en/wines/cannawine-red

We are pleased to introduce you the first spanish wine aromatised with hemp extract enriched with cannabinoids

Anyone tried cannabis wine?

waste of space, there will be no THC in this at all. all it will achieve is a taste of hemp in there somewhere, there will be no active ingredients as it would be classed as illegal.

cannabutter works very well with food, wine i very much doubt

I bought some Ronsay because everyone was raving about it so much here. Opened the first one yesterday. Thought it was absolutely fine, totally drinkable, but not something I would want to buy again.

And then, with lunch today, a glass from the same bottle. And what a transformation -- softer, richer, more refined, more gluggable.

If the change is in the wine and not me, the conclusion is: let it breathe!

I bought some Ronsay because everyone was raving about it so much here. Opened the first one yesterday. Thought it was absolutely fine, totally drinkable, but not something I would want to buy again.

And then, with lunch today, a glass from the same bottle. And what a transformation -- softer, richer, more refined, more gluggable.

If the change is in the wine and not me, the conclusion is: let it breathe!
How did the Mégaphone and Pigeoulet go down?

Pigeoulet is in the rack waiting for a suitable occasion. No megaphone yet.

I have too many Rhône bottles, I want some Bordeau or Burgundy bottles.

Following yesterday's revelation I actually watched the 1989 performance of Love Shack this morning. I love Kate's one handed keyboard/shimmy routine. Put me in a top mood to face the rigours of another lockdown day at the coalface.

Bordeaux is of course expensive. I bought some of this last summer. Well priced perhaps because it's from Castillon just to the east of Bordeaux. Majestic are of course now out of stock... https://www.majestic.co.uk/wines/premier-vin-du-chateau-de-pitray-01161 Anyone else with Bordeaux recommendations?

Second wines such as Dame de Montrose or Segla. Lalande-Borie, Capbern, Meyney and Fieuzal. By Bordeaux standards with UK duty/tax they are not expensive but they are not under £20.
Meerlust Rubicon, Kanonkop Paul Sauer are two of the best SA bordeaux blends. There are others, and from other NW countries.

Last edited:
Second wines such as Dame de Montrose or Segla. Lalande-Borie, Capbern, Meyney and Fieuzal. By Bordeaux standards with UK duty/tax they are not expensive but they are not under £20.
Meerlust Rubicon, Kanonkop Paul Sauer are two of the best SA bordeaux blends. There are others, and from other NW countries.

Excellent, found some very affordable Capbern, it's on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back