advertisement

NDS - 2015/16 value

emrei

pfm Member
İ am buying a set of NDS/555DR from a very good friend and willing to use it as a second 555PS for ND555.

ı am planing to sell the NDS, it is in excellent condition, box, antennas,remote and set of brundies as well. ( I have a spare single brundy cable as well if preferred to a double one )

I can even add my idle hi-line DIN/DIN never used.

What would be a fair price to fast sell the NDS unit ?

I will be shipping from Turkey and I will cover the shipping cost.

I Can ship it to anywhere....

i will put the add it in the classifieds when I got a estimation for the price, so it is not post for avoiding the rules or anything, I have more than 50 posts.

Yes I’m affraid so. Its disappointing to us owners that these have dropped so far in value, but I suppose it was to be expected with the new streaming platform from naim and the old platform not receiving any further updates as far as I’m aware. They are now a bargain in my opinion for anyone that has naim gear and wants to upgrade, or even enter streaming at a seriously good level.

Having said £3000, you may get more but this just seems the going rate now. Good luck with your sale.

The twin burndy ones seem to be selling for around £3000 with some even selling for a bit less.

Mr Happy, as a fellow NDS owner I am also disappointed to see how the market works, but am keeping the NDS as I am still getting better and better sound from it, after almost 9 years

If anyone is thinking of an NDX2 then I would suggest spending the same money on an NDS with TXPS/TXPS+ . There are various options to add Roon or Quobuz if needed

Max i would say is £3500 with both burndy cables, as a private sale due to its age, less if trade in, the limited streaming boards in these has ment its aged very quickly and been left behind.
But a nice dac still, not the best these days as far as detail is concerned, but if you dont mind running extra gear to get say qobuz, then it could be a bargin.
But resale is not great what ever the age and you might struggle to get over £3000 for it, as you can get one a few years older for around the £2500 quite easily these days

Below are some of the most recent listings that have sold on eBay as opposed to listings where someone is asking a higher price but it may not necessary sell for that price:

sold.jpg

I think I will list it to 3250£ + Brundy cable ( single or double ) + hi-line ( DIN/DIN ) if the buyer is a Naim Pre user....

Shipping is included + PayPal fees

£ 3250 i think is nice price for it, including both burndy cables and hiline.
Surely it will sell at that, bloody shame if it don't

The hiline doesn’t come with an nds, and is worth around £300 on its own. May be better to advertise the two separately, making the nds a more likely sale at £2950 then £300 for the hiline.

advertisement

Back