advertisement

Anyone else’s Roon being an ar5e?

Weeman1973

Big Country Member
Getting a bit cheesed off with Roon since the 1.8 update.

From time to time it won’t find certain Audio Zones so I have to restart the core which is a PITA as I run it headless.

The zones are showing in settings as enabled but you can’t select them to play to as not showing there. Even disabling them and then enabling them again doesn’t resolve the issue.

It’s not specific zones that are the issue either, it’s random. One day it will be the cure that it can’t find, other days it’s an endpoint I use wirelessly so it’s as if it’s an issue with an endpoint, it’s definitely with Roon.

Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix?

Yes having the same issues however some devices seem to be more ‘robust’.
Sonos, Chromecast and my Meridian ID40 seem ok. My Meridian Explorer 2 has been a pain, as well as the MF V link 2 and both iPhone and iPad as zones.

Thanks all. Glad it isn’t just me.

Hopefully all the lovely lolly they’re making from folks like us will enable a quicker fix...

If you have any airplay devices on the network disable them and the rest should come right. Fix is in the wings afaik.

Roon? What’s that? :rolleyes:
The thing looks decidedly like a bad idea.
No such issues with good old CDs and Spotify.

I’m always surprised things like this don’t show up in beta testing.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I do know that at times errors pop up that are difficult to debug because of a lack of sufficient data points because there are simply so many different ecosystems out there. They also don't manifest for everyone e.g. I've not had any issues with endpoints at all between 1.7 and 1.8. I do know these kinds of bugs are priority fixes for Roon so it has their attention and a release will be out as soon as it's reliably put to bed.

I've had no issues with my upgrade to 1.8. We've got streamers from Lumin, Auralic and a couple of Raspberry Pi setups on the go. Update has been seamless and solid as a Rock :oops:. I suppose it will all go t*ts up now I've written this...

Nothing to write home about problems wise and no worse than the last couple of updates, certainly no shop stoppers. Fair old mix of devices here at the moment SONOS, Yammy, Marantz, Pi, Auralic, Chord and others.

I have discovered a strange search issue which is slightly frustrating in that it is inconsistent with differing artists. I have created a thread on the community so hopefully at some stage the support team will get time to investigate.

Given the noise and the negative views currently dominating the forum the support team have a major challenge but I assume normality will resume at some point. I will wait my time.

I can still locate and listen to the music I want so it is not a total disaster, I guess others are having bigger issues

There would probably be less noise, negativity and general pissed off feeling if the ROON PR/Marketing Dept. had kept their gobs shut, I was expecting something far more than what was actually delivered in 1.8. It's not the “end of days” like some posters make out but it certainly isn’t a jaw dropping release quality wise that’s for sure.

It’s a bit like Apple. Each update is less ambitious.A few extra emojis(Wow!) etc. It gets to the point where there is little more you can add but they have to make it seem like a major update! I think it’s the same with Roon.

There would probably be less noise, negativity and general pissed off feeling if the ROON PR/Marketing Dept. had kept their gobs shut, I was expecting something far more than what was actually delivered in 1.8. It's not the “end of days” like some posters make out but it certainly isn’t a jaw dropping release quality wise that’s for sure.

Agreed. It was a point release after all not a full version.

I find it locks up sometimes and the only cure is a reboot of the PC and the endpoint device (Node 2i).
Great when it works though, so I'll stick with it.

advertisement

Back