advertisement

How good is the Squeezebox Touch ?

Yes the SBT is a very good price now on eBay - I did pay more for mine simply because of the power supply - anyone still have the Duet? The Duet was compared to a high end transport when Lampizator investigated in it some years back.

Yes, still using a Duet in my main system. Coax connection to an MDAC and not the original power supply. I seem to remember having problems with it connecting to LMS in the dim distant past, but once a fixed IP was sorted out it has worked reliably for years and I haven't felt any need to change it. The remote was long consigned to a drawer in favour of various apps, Squeeze Ctrl being the one that I stuck with.

Yes, still using a Duet in my main system. Coax connection to an MDAC and not the original power supply. I seem to remember having problems with it connecting to LMS in the dim distant past, but once a fixed IP was sorted out it has worked reliably for years and I haven't felt any need to change it. The remote was long consigned to a drawer in favour of various apps, Squeeze Ctrl being the one that I stuck with.

Wow someone is using and old Duet in their main system! This is a first! Usually it would more likely be an SBT or some Pi wearing a funny HAT, but a Duet - that's ancient!

still using a duet into meridian dsp 5500's, control via the paid orange squeeze.

Rgds
Stuart

Another one! You have a million-and-one other streamers you could choose from and you still have the Duet .... that shows staying power.

Obviously sox has DSP functions...I asked at slimdevices. There even used to be a GUI. but it's no longer maintained. The sox pdf contains all commands.
One day I will have courage to hack a line or two

I've got two, one in the main system, the other on the desk in the study. I think they sound great, but I lack the inclination, the finances and the time to go comparing with others. I'm using analogue out on both, straight into a Tape, Aux or similar on the amps.

I like having fewer HiFi boxes around the place these days, so have no inclination to experiment with outboard DACs. If either of the amps fails altogether, I may end up with one with digital inputs, and try the SBT hooked up to them

I just mean I didn't like it. Connection issues with me NAS.

No, you are not speaking the truth. You said this:

No support for spotify, also I found I spent more time trying to get it to work with my Nas and just got so annoyed I wanted to smash it, it's long gone and good riddance I say.

I think this is why production of the hardware ceased. The system wasn’t straight forward enough therefore never got the audience it deserved. Most prefer plug n play. Shame but those who couldn’t get it to work just put it down to an incompetent product rather than issues with other hardware or user ability .. It gave the product an unfair reputation in some quarters which must have hindered its growth and potential commerciality.

Another one! You have a million-and-one other streamers you could choose from and you still have the Duet .... that shows staying power.

If something works, why spend money to upgrade for the sake of it? All streamers sound the same, don't you know? ;)

It is not true that LMS/Squeezebox does not support spotify.

With the news that Spotify is going 'hi-fi' very shortly, I can see myself considering leaving behind Tidal and using my SBT for the higher resolution of the former.

I just wish that Spotify would contribute more to the artists though:(

Don't hold your breath o_O

No Roadmap to the new normal :(

LMS uses a software (reverse engineered) Spotify based on open source LIbrespot.

There is no guarantee that current hardware will be compatible :rolleyes:

ronnie[

advertisement

Back