advertisement

When love turns to hate...

And a pleasure it is to smash them. Gives me a good feeling.

As for robbing Headway of income...

:)

What a sad man you are.

edit: The Wife has just reminded me that I smash all Gary Glitter records that I find as well.
With great relish.

Amount of lost income due to destroyed Rolf Harris records: really very small indeed.

I have traveled his road, the original Led Zep albums swapped for cycling kit, but I have found myself returning to early work by a few artists. Elton John’s Tumbleweed Connection being an example of an album I turned my back on for a couple of decades only to rediscover it.

Re Rolf Harris - Is it still ok to own Ariel by Kate Bush or will I go to Hell if i play it?

Firstly, you have to believe in the existence of ‘Hell,’ and therefore religion et cetera.

Go with Jiminy Cricket, and let your conscience be your guide ;)

John Martyn is someone who the less known about the better.

Causes music listening issues in our house.
The Wife will not tolerate John Martyn on the stereo, I like some of his music , but I don’t like him.

Causes music listening issues in our house.
The Wife will not tolerate John Martyn on the stereo, I like some of his music , but I don’t like him.
I read a recent biography & he had no redeeming personal qualities whatsoever. Danny Thompson massively improved as a person when he gave up the drink.

Stevie Nicks.
I adored Buckingham/Nicks era Fleetwood Mac, but I now find her vocal style intensely irritating. Can still listen to FM (prefer Christine's singing), but can't abide her solo albums any more.

It’s The Smiths for me. Like many others, I’m sure, they were my favourite band in the mid 80s. There’s now a complete set of Smiths records in the loft gathering dust. Morrissey’s reprehensible behaviour post Smiths gets in the way every time I hear them - and for me, the music (and lyrics) hasn’t really stood the test of time unlike, say, Echo and the Bunnymen.

Stevie Nicks.
I adored Buckingham/Nicks era Fleetwood Mac, but I now find her vocal style intensely irritating. Can still listen to FM (prefer Christine's singing), but can't abide her solo albums any more.
Yes, I agree. She dropped a mile in my estimation after her performance on TV's 'Loose Women' where she ridiculed Buckingham and crowed about how she had him 'under her thumb' in front of a baying female audience. The whole thing was sickening, especially given that it was Buckingham that refused to join FM unless Nicks was included. If he'd dropped her then, she would've been a footnote in rock history. Can't stand her now.

If your original comment was serious, perhaps it was not, music is full of extremely unpleasant characters, including Miles Davis.

Also quite a racist at times too.... ( goes to get tin hat.)

Still got loads of his stuff though.:)

The older an album is the less likely I am to listen to it. It's not hate, but disinterest. By older, I really mean how many times I've listened to it actively or passively. For example, I've heard ever song so many time by the following band that I never want hear them again. Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Dylan. Basically anything from the 60's and 70's, 80's less so, and 90's even lesser so, and so on.

The Smiths are probably and exception. I really hate them these days, and I'm sure why I ever liked them.

Manic Street Preachers for me

massive fan back in the day, I've proper gone off them now

Not to the point of hatred but with the odd exception, (generation terrorists, holy bible), I struggle to see what I ever saw in them in the first place
bought their last album (vinyl, not cheap either) haven't bothered playing it

Not to the point of hatred but with the odd exception, (generation terrorists, holy bible), I struggle to see what I ever saw in them in the first place
I really like ‘This is my truth tell me yours’, but now find ‘Everything must go’ rather overblown.

The Holy Bible was their peak for me.

I still play that album when I can bear the lyrics, it is an experience.

Never been particularly fussed about the artists beyond the music they make.
I really can't think of an album I've purchased and later gone off.
If I owned and liked something by an artist that hit the news for something particularly distasteful I certainly wouldn't destroy any hard copy but also wouldn't buy anything more by them.

If anything, I've purchased an album and not liked it at first but then changed my mind later, sometimes years later.

I have a couple of albums from Yes that I know I'll never play again. Besides them being pretentious twaddle, I also came to realize that Jon Anderson's voice sounds like Rocky the Flying Squirrel.

Radiohead for me. I enjoyed their early work but never feel inclined to listen to them. Their later albums left me completely cold. I like Thom Yorke’s solo work even less.

I did really enjoy Ed O’Brien’s EOB album though.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back