advertisement

Making an LP 12 plinth, and a Garrard 301 rebuild.

George J

Herefordshire member
A bit of fun here in two youTube films.

I am not entirely convinced that the LP 12 plinth represents the absolute pinnacle of joinery. but this "chippie" seems to know his work well.

This is quite a long film, but worth watching through to the end for some out of copyright replay by a fairly classical chain starting with the 301, after restoration, which itself is rather careful to not over-do the work.

I hope record player enthusiasts will enjoy this. I have not used a turntable at home for about fifteen years, but I still find them fascinating! If I got another TT it would be a 301 ...

Best wishes from George

I’ve watched the LP and £13000 build. They are long but fascinating. Seeing someone confident in their skills not scraping something as time consuming as that near the end of the job gives me the same pleasure as a good ending to a film...

I always find watching someone this skilled makes me believe its something I could also easily achieve, never quite proves to eb the case though......

Ok thanks I thought it might be but hesitated because he seemed younger than I imagined.
Impressive skills! Ray at CTC mentioned him to me recently in regard to my 401.

advertisement

Back