advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As each day goes by it looks as if Ursula is on the way to the revolving door into another plum job, as Michael spends more time on camera. Gone are the happy EU Jean-Claude days of perception of plenty.

Still hoping for problems with others for vindication, why not entertain us with how that helps the UK?

A business has the right to relocate to wherever the labour is cheapest, and labour does not have the right to prevent it from doing so. There is ECJ case law on this. This represents freedom of movement of the establishment (capital) over labour (people).

Well of course it does unless you want every country in a silo like North Korea. And price of labour is not a deciding factor in many location decisions.
All 4 freedoms are equal and necessary.

Most of them won't tie the two together (bit like the fishermen).
Sadly true. Nobody will ever admit to having been had. It's a punishment beating. I just find the thing so bloody depressing. People who have already been shot in the foot once shooting themselves in the other foot just to level things up.

It's not Northern voters as such. It's the point that the recent changes in the UK have not been felt evenly. The (arguably necessary) cuts to Local Authority budgets which ran for years before the Brexit vote were not even. I contend that there is an obvious development as to why some would seek change more than others.

Cummings and a few others were smart enough to spot this. I cannot fathom why Cameron couldn't spot it too, even with all the political machinery behind him.

Can you help me out here, you seem to saying that they voted for firemen to help put out a fire those same firemen actually ignited.

Let's vote the country poorer so that LA's can have more money? No economics were advanced in favour of Brexit - the best they offered was it won't be as bad as some suggest - which is not ageing well as we speak. The campaign was cultural conservatism of the worst kind. That doesn't make Cummings clever any more than it makes Trump clever. It just makes them prepared to foster and ecourage ideas and behaviour to achieve political ends in ways that others were not.

In the same way that a businessman stiffing suppliers and evading responsibilities thinks they are smart and those with higher standards are idiots or "losers".

Where do you stand on brexit?

Brexit-venn.png

Can you help me out here, you seem to saying that they voted for firemen to help put out a fire those same firemen actually ignited.

Let's vote the country poorer so that LA's can have more money? No economics were advanced in favour of Brexit - the best they offered was it won't be as bad as some suggest - which is not ageing well as we speak. The campaign was cultural conservatism of the worst kind. That doesn't make Cummings clever any more than it makes Trump clever. It just makes them prepared to foster and ecourage ideas and behaviour to achieve political ends in ways that others were not.

In the same way that a businessman stiffing suppliers and evading responsibilities thinks they are smart and those with higher standards are idiots or "losers".
LOL at references to, “let’s ignore the democratic vote” Trump...

“Let's vote the country poorer”...
How much poorer will the UK be in 5 years time compared to now due directly to brexit?

The labour has the right also to move to where the establishment pays better.

But can it. Youth unemployment in some parts of the EU is startlingly high. Spain, Greece, Sweden, Luxembourg, Portugal, the figures really aren't good. Some of the blame for this must lie with the wretched Euro.

And business is fickle. People are not merely commodities, they have lives, roots. The EU favours business, labour is a commodity. Don't forget that the foundations of the EU lie in neoliberalism.

Look again at the labour situation in German meat processing factories. Conditions are grim, and the EU doesn't offer any real protection for these people.

We appear to be clinging to a piece of wreckage, in freezing water. And if the Titanic were indeed to sink, are you entirely sure going down with the ship is worse than being dragged under by it?
Oh yes, even super Mario will not keep the EU afloat because there is no will to reform; we will take a hit but a lifeboat extracting us from disaster sounds ok to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back