advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to you, too! I went dry for seven weeks after Christmas (but who's counting?) and it was a good experience. I decided to let myself off the hook this weekend as I had to take a furlough day from work on Friday and Monday's a holiday here in the States -- but I didn't reckon with the fact that my alcohol tolerance is dramatically lower now! Last night was a bit of a blur. Luckily, I stopped spinning records on the early side. Thank heavens for Roon! When I opened my computer this morning I had GZA's "Liquid Swords" queued up. Seems apropos.

Haha sounds great! Just about to have a local ale as I cook a large batch of veg curry. Just the one...

Nice! There can't be too many tonearms about that are heavy enough with that headshell only weighing in at 6g, but I'm guessing the 3012 is one of them!

More like 10g with the bayonet extension, methinks. I did not weigh it - but the spec sheet marks it at 18.5g, whereas the vanilla DL-103 is specced at 8.5g. Still managed to balance it out with the largest weight - but it is as close to the pivot as it has ever been. Not a bad thing resonance wise.

Having said not a month ago that I didn't envisage any changes to my system this year unless something unexpected happened financially something did happen financially that wasn't expected which freed up a bit of cash for these beauties.
20210211-130131.jpg
20210211-130011.jpg

Stirling Broadcast LS3/5A V2
It was a case of right place, right time & right price. Only had them 2 days but so far loving them.
TS

Was the seemingly perfect matching of speaker and stand veneers a lucky coincidence or carefully planned?

PS - Would be good to hear your thoughts after a few weeks of listening on how they compare to your JR149s. :)

Was the seemingly perfect matching of speaker and stand veneers a lucky coincidence or carefully planned?

PS - Would be good to hear your thoughts after a few weeks of listening on how they compare to your JR149s. :)
The match with the stands was pure luck, it is nice when things like that happen happens though, it satisfies the slightly ocd nature in me.
I will to do a comparison with my JR149s when I get some time & post my thoughts.
TS

Having said not a month ago that I didn't envisage any changes to my system this year unless something unexpected happened financially something did happen financially that wasn't expected which freed up a bit of cash for these beauties.
20210211-130131.jpg
20210211-130011.jpg

Stirling Broadcast LS3/5A V2
It was a case of right place, right time & right price. Only had them 2 days but so far loving them.
TS

Giving you a nod for the Peter Gabriel album :D

That's a "little" amplifier you got there.

Thanks. The Accuphase is new, I’m still used to the Naim amps which are small and lovely.

That’s a great looking cabinet - what is it please?

Thank You. We ordered this from our local furniture shop which imports directly from Indonesia. Unfortunately it doesn’t have a brand.

Thoroughly approve of your "source last" system :) Definitely the way to go these days with the many low cost but technically perfect digital sources/DACs that are available.

Thanks. I used to have a top of the line Auralic streamer and a Chord TT. Sold both and don’t miss them :)

My little set up.

Source is a RPi4 running RopieeXL into a SMSL Su9 Dac. Two sets of amps - Naim 72/HC/140 and a Accuphase E-800. Speakers are Kudos 606s.

6-A49-D983-E9-CC-46-B3-8-C82-45-E5-DF49-EE3-C.jpg
In just a few key words, how would you describe the difference between the Naim kit and the Accuphase amp, if I may ask ?

Finally got the S2 stands that fit (screw-on affair) my LS50 Wireless II's. Have them 2/3 filled with Atacama Atabites. Much of the remaining cable clutter will go away once I get my fiber connection up and running wirelessly. So a bit messy until then. These speakers will be either love or hate aesthetics-wise but I think they look amazing. Running Tidal Connect via the smartphone and a HDMI eARC to the telly (LG CX OLED) when watching movies etc. TT is the Technics SL-1500C (with Achromat and KABUSA silicone arm damper) with an EPC-U205CMK3 cartridge and Rothwell Rialto phonostage. I don't play LP's that often. Toying with the idea of a subwoofer. Preferably one that plays music well. Could be a REL T7i or perhaps the new KEF KC62 that looks interesting (but also expensive).

22.jpg

How easy are those stands to level? I assume levelling is done from under the bottom?

I just bought a pair of LS50 Meta passive in Royal blue.

How easy are those stands to level? I assume levelling is done from under the bottom?

I just bought a pair of LS50 Meta passive in Royal blue.

Yes, you adjust the spikes on the bottom - a tool for the job is supplied. And once adjusted the spikes can be fixed. The spikes rest in some concave "shoes" with filt under for easy movement of the stand (on hard surfaces). Speakers are "welded" to the top-plate with 4 bolts.

I recommend filling the columns as the stands are only about 5kg each. I put 7kg Atabites in each. Nice and stable.

The Royal Blue Meta's look lovely.

Yes, you adjust the spikes on the bottom - a tool for the job is supplied. And once adjusted the spikes can be fixed. The spikes rest in some concave "shoes" with filt under for easy movement of the stand (on hard surfaces). Speakers are "welded" to the top-plate with 4 bolts.

I recommend filling the columns as the stands are only about 5kg each. I put 7kg Atabites in each. Nice and stable.

The Royal Blue Meta's look lovely.

Thanks, are the spikes nice and sharp as in carpet piercing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back