advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully expected, aside from a few Republican Senators who eventually had enough courage to at least partially rebuke trump, the rest of them sold their souls to the devil many years ago. The GOP is a sad reflection of it's past, the result of political hacks like McConnell and the narcissistic leadership of trump and his acolytes.

From Trump's statement following the acquittal... sick bags at the ready:

It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree. I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honorably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate.

No going back for the GOP now and the loony element is now a bolted on permanent feature.

I don’t think it mattered what the dems did or did not do, the republicans were going to vote to acquit come what may. There was not much they could do really.
I would have been rather shocked if more republicans would have voted for impeachment than voted for the entire trial being constitutional. It was pretty clear that Trump was going to be acquitted after that fist result. Why would you vote to impeach in a trial you just voted was unconstitutional?

Expected. It underscores the fact the Republican Party is now an extremist organisation, only seven of them not defending the indefensible. I suspect it makes the Democrats role easier come mid-terms etc as they just need to run personal attack ads with pictures of the various congressmen and the text ‘Proven Terrorist Sympathiser’, ‘Proud Boy’ or whatever. They have proven beyond all doubt that they place career and party above country.
Very much like the UK tories. Best if such a party is voted against to keep them well away from govt.

Mitch McConnell says that Trump’s actions were a dereliction of duty, yet votes to acquit.

Does Mitch McConnell have two heads facing in opposite directions?

Mitch McConnell says that Trump’s actions were a dereliction of duty, yet votes to acquit.

Does Mitch McConnell have two heads facing in opposite directions?

It's completely bizarre. I can understand him saying that the impeachment shouldn't go ahead, because Trump was an ex-President, but AFAIK, he actually voted for the trial to proceed, then voted to acquit Trump because the trial was unconstitutional, then said, 'But Trump was guilty anyway'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back