advertisement

space exploration

bringing back less than 1/2 a kg, of moon dirt, for what reason i do not understand...

You exist so the Universe can know itself, you are literally made from that moon dirt, everyone wants to know from where they came from and why, you have literally evolved into the consciousness of the Universe, the Universes tool if you like.

8586602168_27b1c67f0b_b.jpg

i will always agree, that some of the best and brightest minds work for NASA and other space projects,, but are we in returns, are we getting value for money, no we are not, i like many of you love to watch the space programs, great tv, but has it benefited our life's...,

Simple answer: Yes, it has, many times over. But you may need to actually learn about what now we regard as 'routine' which comes from space project work initially. Not simply dismiss all the things you haven't noticed.

Light is fast, and travels at light speed — well, duh! — but even light speed is slow if you want to travel beyond the solar system.

Yes. But at such time as we get established in space we can begin to use techonologies like nuclear plasma thrust systems that can deliver velocites which approach because they have the deltaV for it. They tend to have a low thrust but a *long* endurance.

So unless we manage to collapse our civilisations (sic) first via war, climate change, etc, we can certainly go to the stars if we fancy.

Space is infinite, it is dark
Space is neutral, it is cold
Stars occupy minute areas of space
They are clustered a few billion here
And a few billion there
As if seeking consolation in numbers
Space does not care, space does not threaten
Space does not comfort
It does not speak, it does not wake
It does not dream
It does not know, it does not fear
It does not love, it does not hate
It does not encourage any of these qualities
Space cannot be measured, it cannot be angered,
It cannot be placated
It cannot be summed up, space is there
Space is not large and it is not small
It does not live and it does not die
It does not offer truth and neither does it lie
Space is a remorseless, senseless, impersonal fact
Space is the absence of time and of matter

Some of those assertions are false. 8-]

bringing back less than 1/2 a kg, of moon dirt, for what reason i do not understand, pointless, all the people involved say's is great, they would on over 100k, a year and more ,,the emperors new clothes,

...for the same reason Victorian explorers brought back exotic plants and spices from the antipodes and Far East to the UK.

For study, and because we didn't have their like here.

For the same reason Victorian explorers sailed into places that had not been mapped. To see what was there.

Nice thread, thanks OP.

What puzzle's me is when talking heads such as, Professor Brian Cox n co tell us the universe is expanding, they fail to tell us the universe is expanding into WHAT?

As for the Big Bang Theory" BS is my reply, something out of nothing is impossible.

I go with the cause and effect theory.

A massive sun the size of a galaxy or 3 maybe went supernova creating all that we can see today, or a collision with a massive body of matter v anti matter.

I am literally blown away from the, "Hubble Telescope's Deep Field" views though...

https://hubblesite.org/video/1191/science

It's an extension of a basic animal drive to avoid inbreeding. That's what drives the urge to explore, see what or who are over the next hill.

It's also part of the struggle against chaos. If you stay still everything will eventually turn to shit. It's how we've come to be and how we will survive over a much longer time frame.

All of which sounds trite and like so much bollocks, but it is actually true.

You could argue that because of the rate that we're screwing the Earth up, we need to spend more on space exploration, a lot more.

Nice thread, thanks OP.

What puzzle's me is when talking heads such as, Professor Brian Cox n co tell us the universe is expanding, they fail to tell us the universe is expanding into WHAT?

As for the Big Bang Theory" BS is my reply, something out of nothing is impossible.

I go with the cause and effect theory.

A massive sun the size of a galaxy or 3 maybe went supernova creating all that we can see today, or a collision with a massive body of matter v anti matter.

I am literally blown away from the, "Hubble Telescope's Deep Field" views though...

https://hubblesite.org/video/1191/science
What uninformed, ignorant tosh.
In fact it is uninformed the post could be trying to be funny.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back