advertisement

Super Bowl - anyone on here watching it?

Not sure I can stay up for the 2nd half sadly but wow, just wow so far, and it could have been 28!

It just shows how difficult it is to do repeat Superbowls in the system they have now.

The Chiefs well and truly shot themselves in the foot with those penalties in the first half. That allowed the Buccaneers to get rolling and they were just too far ahead.

Plus I don't think I've ever seen Mahomes in the grass so often, he usually wriggles free somehow. His receivers have let him down on key catches where he's performed miracle throws and it's bounced off their helmet grilles. And Tampa have had quite a bit of luck.

Well played Buccs & Brady, the penalties really killed the Chiefs - several were poor calls many thought but Defence always wins these big games and the better team won on the day

Just catching up, well done the Bucs, I need to watch the 2nd half but I never thought the Chiefs would get beaten like that. In fact my feeling was with the odd’s that Mahomes would be just too much for the Bucs but wow that defence just shut him down. He still managed some miracle throws but the receivers could just not get on the end of them.

Brady.... what can you say, he certainly can pick a team at the right time. I believe he had a say in the hiring of the players who scored the touchdowns, Gronk, Brown and Fournette.

Bucs D came to the show. They were immense. Defences get measured on sacks, but the the incompletion's they forced were superb.

The Bucs just need to try and keep their coordinators whilst Brady is there, especially their defensive coach.

Superb. Stuck with them ever since my 1st game seen at RJS some 10 or so years ago.

Go Bucs!

They'll struggle to keep hold of the defensive coach I think. On another day three of those throws by Mahomes would have stuck... it wasn't their day and Bucs were worthy winners

The one where Mahomes was in mid-air, parallel with the ground and, he still managed to throw it 50 yards but the berk dropped it would have been one of the greatest touchdown throws of all time.

Incredible what that guy can do, the distance and accuracy on any type of throw is just breathtaking. He's the future all right. What a talent.

Just goes to show that it's a team game and one of the greatest sports in the world.

Here's my list:

1. Association football
  2. American football
  3. F1
  4. Sumo
  5. Ashes cricket

Hardly. For me Mahones showed more talent than Brady, but had almost no protection. I felt bad for Mahones - he never ever gave up and made several great throws while going to the ground. The Bucs defense won them the Superbowl.

I agree, the throws Mahones came up with on the back foot, front foot, falling over, mid sack, all on target and only dropped by his receivers were amazing. Now the errors were forced by the Bucs defence but he is a better QB than Brady currently. Brady is still the GOAT though.

Hardly. For me Mahones showed more talent than Brady, but had almost no protection. I felt bad for Mahones - he never ever gave up and made several great throws while going to the ground. The Bucs defense won them the Superbowl.

Mahomes also played on one just good foot. I had “turf toe” many years ago, and recall it being very painful to walk. Either he has an incredibly high pain threshold, or he had an injection to numb it. In either case, he was nowhere near 100%.

IMO, even if he had been completely healthy, Tampa Bay would still have won. The Bucs controlled both lines of scrimmage, and Kansas City could not stop their running game.

advertisement

Back