advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lefty

Very true re the prices of used Pen F's - I've been doing a little snooping about and values are rock hard. They didn't sell that many (c/w the OM-D models) but as word started getting round what a great little camera it is, Olympus discontinued it. Those who've got them are either holding on to them, or selling in the knowledge the F is a rare beast now with the associated high price. MPB have one in at over 600 quid which doesn't look in its first flush of youth.

Ah.... that explains it. Makes it a tougher decision in that case. Also thanks for the feedback @miktec - much appreciated.

I actually spent today considering another wildcard, a Nikon Z50. Available in 'Like New' condition from MPB together with the pancake 16-50 Nikon Z DX zoom lens for around £670. Hardly pocketable, but much smaller than you'd think (it weighs less than 400g and is smaller than a Fuji X-T1/2/3/4 and is great value for money. Reading this blog about it from a friend and excellent landscape photographer Mike Prince is what turned me on to it. COuld still be an option, but then I'd have to buy a small bag for it, which contravenes my criteria. Food for thought...

https://www.mikeprince.org/blog/nikon-z50-review

Lefty

Another vertical diptych. This time made from images taken with the 'big' camera :D

Flurry by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 AF-P

Lefty

two very nice photographs...but I don't like the black border or the huge title..I think they draw your eyes away from the images, which of course are the important part...

@Lefty

If you can find a good used Pen F I might - just might - take one over the GRIII and X100*. Add something like a Panasonic 20-1.7 and it's smaller than the X100. It has superb IBIS (it's an Olympus after all) hi-res function, and although it 'only' has the Mu43 sensor, it'll hold its own unless you get daft with the ISOs. Lovely jpeg output, especially the monos.

If you go onto the Flickr image for this, it's the Pen F doing its thing with the tiny 45-1.8:

F3 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Outstanding..!

two very nice photographs...but I don't like the black border or the huge title..I think they draw your eyes away from the images, which of course are the important part...

Thanks for the feedback. I may have got a bit carried away last night producing diptychs as I am playing around with Affinity Designer. I'll take it on board.

When I posted I knew it was a bit 'out there' but decided I liked it (and I still do). Enjoying experimenting with images and presenting them in novel ways using Affinity Designer :)

Lefty

One of my many shoots of Whippets.

Culford-s24-eyes.jpg

Canon D5 MKIII + 24-70 2.8 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back