advertisement

RME ADI-2 DAC Question

McKMini

pfm Member
Hi,

Been dithering about buying one of these for months. Quick question, I've used an app on my iPhone to create an audiogram that my AirPods use. Can I use this audiogram to EQ the output from the RME and is it easy to do?
Cheers
Norm

Last edited:
I don’t believe you can, but you can simply copy the filters into the RME’s EQ, which is very straightforward.
Keith

yeah I don't think you can. The adi2 even with all its features, is not 'smart'. It doesn't have compatibility with anything else other than speakers, subwoofers and headphones

Cheers - so I guess it can be done manually by creating a parametric eq the inverse of the audiogram?

If you had a bass peak of say 4dB at 40Hz with a Q of 1.4 then you would input -4dB at 40Hz with a Q of 1.4 creating the exact inverse.
Keith

Last edited:
No I’m not planning on using Airpods with it I just wondered if I could use it to EQ my other headphones. HD660s. Anyone use them with the ADI2 coincidentally?

Use the following settings as a starting point for HD660S for a 5 band parametric such as RME (from https://github.com/jaakkopasanen)

Type
Fc Q Gain
Peaking 28 Hz 0.38 6.3 dB
Peaking 167 Hz 0.59 -2.6 dB
Peaking 2276 Hz 3.85 1.5 dB
Peaking 4299 Hz 3.67 2.9 dB
Peaking 19250 Hz 0.87 -2.4 dB

The RME is a very fine DAC for the money. I purchase mine for headphones but it made its way into the main system as it is so much better than the Hegel one integrated into my H120.

advertisement

Back