advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started watching 'Pretend it's a city' on Netflix, Fran Lebowitz is a little too pleased with her own observations & Martin Scorsese has reduced himself to a laugh along sidekick, but, if you love NYC it is worth a watch.

Took a weekend off 'The Wire' and binge watched Bridgerton at Mrs BB's request. I'd have stopped after episode 1 but she enjoyed it and she does just watch whatever I suggest normally.

Cheers BB

Brilliant series, Fincher wants to make 5 series in total but 3 is on indefinite hold and all actors have been released, hope it happens. The performances by the serial killer actors are amazing especially the guy playing Ed Kemper.

Brilliant series, Fincher wants to make 5 series in total but 3 is on indefinite hold and all actors have been released, hope it happens. The performances by the serial killer actors are amazing especially the guy playing Ed Kemper.
I got the impression that Fincher had lost interest in Mindhunter. I think I read that he wasn't sure where the 3rd series would go.

The White Tiger on Netflix is wonderful. It doesn’t seem to pull its punches on the Caste system and ingrained poverty in India but manages to mix drama with humour. It does a good job of highlighting some of the social problems India currently faces despite being entertaining. I do wonder if it has an element of the ‘Midnight Express’ effect on how we might view the country but ho-hum, it’s a great film.

I got the impression that Fincher had lost interest in Mindhunter. I think I read that he wasn't sure where the 3rd series would go.
It wasn't making enough $ and he wanted to make Mank - it might come back but doubtful - he did say maybe in 5 years but realistically it's a gonner - pity it was one of the better shows of the last few years

Yes, The White Tiger is a terrific film. The street scenes in Delhi took me right back! And Adarsh Gourav’s acting is superb.

I was left underwhelmed by Lupin.

Stylish production, great acting, great scenery, but it wasn't sure if it wanted to be a comedy or to be taken more seriously and ended up falling into a no-man's land in the middle.

A bit too lightweight for me.

Yes, the production values are at Hollywood levels yet they have essentially made about 20 hours of it!

So much money gets pissed up the walls in Hollywood paying stupid fees to the stars that must be 'on board' at the initial stages to get Hollywood to back a script.

You just know that if Mindhunter was Hollywood movie Tom Hanks would have been in there somewhere...Tom Hanks + Will Smith playing good cop/bad cop...yawn.

BTW...notice how much Fincher loves old style fluorescent lighting..

Well we got to the end of The Wire, it was superb. Anything that has Mrs BB shouting 'No, No, you can't kill him' at the TV, when the man in question is responsible for multiple killings and robberies must be good!

The final season was a bit of a dip for me and could have been longer, IMO, but it was still excellent. I'll miss it, perhaps the only thing that came close for the investment of emotion that you have in so many characters was Game Of Thrones, but that was just Fantasy, you could imagine virtually everything in The Wire actually happening.

Cheers BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back