advertisement

Lets hear it for India - stunning result in Australia

avole

The wise never post on Internet forums
What a win - here's what the SMH/The Age said:

Unbelievable India
What a stunning effort from the tourists. They've beaten all manner of obstacles:

• A fortnight in quarantine
  • Weeks on end inside a bubble
  • Umpteen injuries
  • The loss of their captain and superstar Virat Kohli
  • Verbal abuse from Australian fans
  • Border and hub controversies
  • Being bowled out for 36 in the first Test
  • A 1-0 deficit
  • Winning at the Gabba, where no touring team had won a Test since 1988

Fantastic match. And a stark riposte to those who say that playing in the IPL reduces Test capabilities.

Yup, couldn't agree more. I'm bitterly regretting falling asleep and missing the post-lunch sessions.

That last session was the most exciting since Stokes at Headingly. All the Aussie bowlers looked knackered apart from Cummins. I expect quite a few personnel changes before England tourists arrive. Huge congratulations to India's mostly second XI team. As Langer said "Test cricket was the winner today"

Well done India. Great result. Listened throughout the night. Fantastic to hear Chappelli say Aus will win early on.
Paine is not a test captain never mind wicket keeper. If he’d held his straightforward catches Australia would have won last test and possibly this one. Oh dear how sad what a shame.
Could be a monumental series in India and on Disney+. Mega happy.

Well done India. Great result. Listened throughout the night. Fantastic to hear Chappelli say Aus will win early on.
Paine is not a test captain never mind wicket keeper. If he’d held his straightforward catches Australia would have won last test and possibly this one. Oh dear how sad what a shame.
Could be a monumental series in India and on Disney+. Mega happy.

The great Tandulkar got it right, in my book. Said Paine might be a good leader, but tactician he is not.

On another note, sad that Deano wasn't there to see India's triumph. Might have been an old fashioned Aussie Larrikin, but he loved India, almost hs adopted country.

Time for Australia to stop sledging and trying to win at any price. India not only won but deserved to win.

Certainly agree with that, but the problem is that it isn't just Australia, although they might be the worst.

If only I knew some Australians :(

Let's face it, we're only interested in this because we hate the Aussies, right? If they'd beaten South Africa we wouldn't give 2 hoots.

advertisement

Back