advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4% then. How many of these patients were very elderly. You can get to the stage in old age where the ambulance is on speed dial.
I firmly believe long-COVID is a major problem, but you must still be careful with the statistics

Not my stats - I quoted the paper verbatim...

Interesting that the vaccination programme seems to be progressing splendidly. This was at the core of the government's 'coping with Covid' strategy and just shows that they can do it if they really want to. This surely implies that all the monumental cockups and mishaps we've been subjected to over the last year or more, were because the government didn't want to do that stuff. Ideology.

Interesting that the vaccination programme seems to be progressing splendidly. This was at the core of the government's 'coping with Covid' strategy and just shows that they can do it if they really want to. This surely implies that all the monumental cockups and mishaps we've been subjected to over the last year or more, were because the government didn't want to do that stuff. Ideology.

Single dose vaccination rates are impressive, let's hope they hold up for second dose and that delaying those isn't something we go on to regret. Being top of the "current death rate per M of population" in a world that includes Brazil and the US is a national disgrace and given that we had plenty more warning than some countries, unforgivable.

The former is being used as cover for the latter.

Could it be something to do with Johnson and Cummings’s privateers like Dido &Co being excluded from the process which is now in the hands of the NHS and armed services? The millions they stole could have been reinvested in the NHS and local authority provision.

Could it be something to do with Johnson and Cummings’s privateers like Dido &Co being excluded from the process which is now in the hands of the NHS and armed services? The millions they stole could have been reinvested in the NHS and local authority provision.

Worth noting that, in my part of the world, vaccinations are being performed by the private sector (i.e not the NHS, albeit they will be paying). Same elsewhere, I should imagine.

Single dose vaccination rates are impressive, let's hope they hold up for second dose and that delaying those isn't something we go on to regret. Being top of the "current death rate per M of population" in a world that includes Brazil and the US is a national disgrace and given that we had plenty more warning than some countries, unforgivable.

The former is being used as cover for the latter.
My main concern is that they'll use it not just as cover for past "mistakes" but in order to *keep making them*: that is, as soon as the vaccine is popularly understood to be a success, and their voter base is vaccinated, they'll open up prematurely and cause a 3rd peak to rival the 1st and second. Some "vaccine and release" modelling here:

https://twitter.com/JamesWard73/status/1351473148760387585?s=20

Worth noting that, in my part of the world, vaccinations are being performed by the private sector (i.e not the NHS, albeit they will be paying). Same elsewhere, I should imagine.

It would be good to get clear about all of this, because certainly this thought

crossed my mind too.

Sumption found out?

“He is articulating a view that seems to go against moral principles that he really sought to propagate quite forcefully as a judge, which I find slightly startling, and somewhat ironic,” he said. “[Sumption has been] inconsistent in his view about looking at inherent value in all human life. He seems to have gone a bit off-piste here, and I suspect that has something to do with his broader view of lockdowns in any form.”

https://www.theguardian.com/law/202...unconvinced-by-lord-sumptions-lockdown-ethics

You're priceless.

They government have consistently used short term thinking and ideology to mitigate CoVid and show no signs of having learnt anything, probably because a large proportion of them are as dumb as a box of rocks, so why is it nor a reasonable assumption?, also they are seriously corrupt and if they start doing things properly they won’t be able to skim as much off the taxpayer.

I still don’t see any political benefit in killing people. The Govt has been incompetent in certain key areas but to suggest that this some kind of political end game seems rather swivel eyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back