advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're really weird

Sandy.
I like the one with the red background. But that's likely because I'm a sucker for clean, minimalist images. I also feel the composition is slightly better as the bowl is further from the edge of the frame and this allows it space to breathe and also doesn't cut the shadow off.

Lefty
bottom one...hands down...it's so much more natural and the colours will also be nearer the mark, knock about 10-15 off saturation for my eyes...a pleasing image...

have you tried using a grey card when metering and using your meter lock

I see all the above, but strongly edging toward Lefty's view: my feeling would try the red but a rather tighter crop, to make the subject & workmanship 'pop'. Think 'postcard punch' rather than full-frame, careful photo in complementary tones; that's not what I see in the subject.

- which is lovely handiwork, as ever.

(then again, I must confess only one 'snap' taken this week: twilight, as at 5.15pm today , central Baff - a massive improvement on <4 weeks ago:)

IMG_5880_600px.jpg

Straight reduction from iphone SE

Been, gone, still standing.

Overlooking Ironbridge power station B, now minus the four iconic cooling towers (demolished Dec 2019), the rest of it being gradually cleared. Served the local area from 1969 to 2015. The Wrekin in the background, looking over the gorge and much of Shropshire.
50844972656_5414d9fdeb_b.jpg

A 5 min walk away from Benthall Edge wood stands Benthall Hall, built in around 1580. Now in the hands of the National Trust & its members. Currently shut, but somewhere to return to once things are resolved.
50844254278_913acfb79a_c.jpg

Loads more track to walk & ride along the Shropshire Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back