advertisement

UK. When will you get the vaccine?

My wife who's NHS is working at one of our local vaccination centres at the weekends

There's been loads of spare slots for key workers (didn't realise I was one until i checked!)

Anyway she booked me on and I've been

Great. First dose June -July, second Sept - Oct. Life on hold until then, won't be renewing my passport when it expires in a month.

month out for my mother using her data. Says mid Feb to early March. She getting stabbed tomorrow.

in mother's area they have started to jab ppl under 80. I don't think that calc takes home area into acvount

Your vaccine queue results
♂️♀️♂️♂️♀️♂️
Based on your profile, there are between 3,817,692 and 7,714,812 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 13/02/2021 and 12/03/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 08/05/2021 and 04/06/2021.

At 2M per week it goes to 31/01/2021 and 13/02/2021.

Could be worse. They are supposed to be finishing over 80s in my area in the coming week. So only those pesky over 75s.. then my group. :)

The Telegraph is dangling “all over 18s could be vaccinated by June” -sounds like they think Boris needs a boost.

The Chief Minister of Wales (Drakeford?) said on the radio this AM that the Welsh would be slowing down the vaccination rate so as to fully employ the vaccinators until the next delivery of vaccine arriived, otherwise they would have used up all their supplies in a couple or so weeks.
Never mind the fact that they are leaving people to be exposed to Covid for an extra 2 or 3 weeks.

My parents (92) got AZ shots at home last week.
West Wales centres are too far away for the very elderly
Great to hear they’ve had it, and well done to their local PCT for making it happen. It’s probably safer that they had it at home anyway, the less they leave the house, the safer they are until they have some immunity.

The Chief Minister of Wales (Drakeford?) said on the radio this AM that the Welsh would be slowing down the vaccination rate so as to fully employ the vaccinators until the next delivery of vaccine arriived, otherwise they would have used up all their supplies in a couple or so weeks.
Never mind the fact that they are leaving people to be exposed to Covid for an extra 2 or 3 weeks.
That’s less good, if they have the vaccine, they should be getting it in people’s arms as fast as is humanly possible. If they run out, they will still have vaccinated the same amount of people... only they will be protected sooner.

They have some seriously flawed logic there. I suspect it’s all about protecting themselves from “Wales runs out of Covid19 vaccine” type headlines.

advertisement

Back