advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coincides with Ashley's tenure...
Yes, I don’t think he’s the worst owner out there but he doesn’t have the funds to compete; at least he’s not bankrupting the club.

My club is in a similar position albeit at a lower level, we have an owner who is being sensible but the fans call him Potless Phil. There’s not exactly a queue of suitors though.

Good three points today.

As I am of a certain age I don't like Leeds much, This team are good to watch though. They've just said on Sky that Leeds looked tired despite not playing in midweek. The Bielsa effect come early?

Good three points today.

As I am of a certain age I don't like Leeds much, This team are good to watch though. They've just said on Sky that Leeds looked tired despite not playing in midweek. The Bielsa effect come early?

I think all football managers need to have a dose of pragmatism. When my little lads started playing I tried to get them to do it properly, play from the back etc, but they got many a hiding. A few doses of the Warnock if in doubt kick it out helped hugely. I still have one though who’s prone to hoofing it into row Z at every opportunity. He’s a weapon, took me out at our last training session :)

Good three points today.

You really needed that win today. Surprised Leeds looking quiet this early in the season. Maybe they owe football pundit Karen Cairney an apology when she suggested the COVID break helped them to win promotion.

I've listened to her commentary many times now and her insights into the game are really good. Think some blokes are a bit threatened by her TBH. Which is dumb.

Well if we take the norm to be the average our all time position is 7th:
http://alltimeleaguetable.co.uk/
Last 50 years 9th:
https://newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/average-league-position-in-last-50-yrs/
I'd argue the fans have a pretty good read on it. I don't expect to win anything...finishing in the top half should be a reasonable ambition.
What do you think the fans expectation actually is?

Newcastles average league finish is 14.88th, the 7th position you refer to is the actual rank in the list not average league finish.

Well that was almost predictably dull but the perfect result.

Just need to hopefully beat Palace now to make the most of it.

We clearly aren't buying a centre back, just try to stick close to the top and wait for returnees then... Utd should have won today despite the Reds dominating possession

We clearly aren't buying a centre back, just try to stick close to the top and wait for returnees then... Utd should have won today despite the Reds dominating possession
You’re miss-firing up front too. Rare to see your lot look so toothless or maybe this Man Utd team are better than we give them credit for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back