advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're unlikely to get our defenders back this season unless JK is bluffing about van Dijk and Gomez?

Villa vs Everton is off due to Villa not out of their Covid situation.

How can the season continue? Can only see it getting worse.

Villa vs Everton is off due to Villa not out of their Covid situation.

How can the season continue? Can only see it getting worse.
Henry Winter has just tweeted a UEFA update on possible problems with the Euros https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1349797884204605449
Uefa updated ticket regs 14.1: "reserve the right to make alterations to the time, date and location" of Euro 2020 matches "due to unforeseen extraordinary circumstances: force majeure, safety and/or security reasons or other decisions (including in the context of COVID-19)..."

Just like Rafa did. Both dreadful negative managers.

Think Rafa did the best with what was made available to him. Newcastle fans still sing his praises on 5 Live phone ins when I’ve heard them. Not much love for Bruce at all. Worth googling Bruce and hysterical fans. There’s a theme there.

Think Rafa did the best with what was made available to him. Newcastle fans still sing his praises on 5 Live phone ins when I’ve heard them. Not much love for Bruce at all. Worth googling Bruce and hysterical fans. There’s a theme there.
Word. Always "IMO" of course.

I see Fernandes has won PL player of the month for the fourth time. To put it into perspective, DeBruyne has won the same award once in his entire career. I think this is pretty clear.

I see Fernandes has won PL player of the month for the fourth time. To put it into perspective, DeBruyne has won the same award once in his entire career. I think this is pretty clear.

Premier League love-in with Liverpool over already? That didn’t last long. Congratulations to Man Utd on winning the Premier League again.

You may know better than me but hasn’t Sergio Aguero only made the PFA team of the season once ? , despite being the best striker in the last few years.

...the last step: throw the players under the bus to cover for your own incompetence:
Steve Bruce speaking to journalists – Friday 15 January 2021:
“We were absolutely fr.gging hopeless the other night [against Sheffield United].
“Absolute sh.te we were. I have to accept it.
I have let them [the Newcastle United team / squad] be comfortable but the gloves are off now.
I am going to do it my way.
“I have said from day one the way I wanted to play and [we] haven’t done it enough.
“If I was a supporter, I would be concerned as well, after watching the first half at Sheffield United – we were absolutely hopeless.
“In some people’s eyes I was never the right choice and I can understand that.
“But if you look at my record over the years, for being a team that is in the bottom half of the league, then I have got enough on my CV to make sure I can try and slowly take the club forward.
“That is what I am here for and that is what I will continually try to achieve.
‘We are not easy on the eye, I understand that, but have Newcastle United been a good watch for years?
“They have been in the bottom half of the Premier League and that’s the reality, [though]
I’m not saying it’s acceptable.”

You may know better than me but hasn’t Sergio Aguero only made the PFA team of the season once ? , despite being the best striker in the last few years.

I'm not sure but player awards seem to reflect performance less than they should, David Silva being a prime example.

So are all of these people conspiring in favour of United and against City? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Player_of_the_Month
The Premier League Player of the Month is an association football award that recognises the best adjudged Premier League player each month of the season. The winner is chosen by a combination of an online public vote, which contributes to 10% of the final tally, a panel of experts, and the captain of each Premier League club.[

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back