advertisement

Are we getting pissed off with the BBC

The only non-streaming TV I watch is the News. I've given up watching the BBC because it feels more like the Official Broadcaster of the Government than the beacon of integrity and fact that it used to be.

Just noticed some prominent product placement, where the newsreader had a Gregg's coffee cup on display on the desk! I hope this new sponsorship will have the effect of reducing my license fee?

If you want to watch BBC you should pay for the license, but I cannot see for one second see how it's acceptable that a person can't watch ANY live tv without paying for the BBC to exist. Make it a subscription service and see how many people want to pay the cost when it shoots up because watchers of commercial channels aren't being held to ransome to help fund it.

If you want to watch BBC you should pay for the license, but I cannot see for one second see how it's acceptable that a person can't watch ANY live tv without paying for the BBC to exist. Make it a subscription service and see how many people want to pay the cost when it shoots up because watchers of commercial channels aren't being held to ransome to help fund it.
in CH we have the same situation, I don't have no TV but I have to pay. For me it's OK, because I can watch everything on my PC, although I never do (but that's my problem). Even then, having seen the quality (or rather absence thereof) of commercial media, I happily pay a license fee for State media which are pretty much the least bad of all, and which do provide some useful information the whole population takes advantage of.

I don't care he has links to the PM. As long as he keeps Masterchef and Ghosts on air, he's OK by me. :)

advertisement

Back