advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday evening The Wife and I went to a nightclub.
The drinks were free (Rum n Cokes for me)
We danced and laughed together for nearly 3 hours.

The music/hi-fi room did its job. I had spent a couple of hours making wife-friendly dance c.d’s.
Of 3 hours of music, about 2 tunes didn’t work. Not bad for the little time I spent arranging the playlist order.

The old disco lights I have worked very well, we both agreed the coloured lights added to the experience.

It reminded me of a Russian woman who came for dinner in the mid 1980’s. Mid-summer, maybe 2p.m. we had some chat and drinks, suddenly the Russian woman stood up and started dancing! In the middle of the day, in broad daylight!
We adopted this ‘who cares?’ attitude and danced at the home discotheque.

Not something that we will do every day, but it was fun.

What a delightful thing to do! Superb.

fair day, well no rain, sanding here we come.

postie dropped a box off, think it maybe first model railway order, best not to open till done above, along with some chores.

surprised ourselves last night, we did not open a second bottle.

Been out on the field to feed the birds.
The ground isn’t frozen, but some snow has settled.
I had my Swix down coat on. I don’t get much opportunity to wear it. Got it in Manchester 15 years ago, don’t see the brand very often
https://www.swixsport.com/en/clothing/

Found some pork, apple and cranberry ‘stuffing wraps’ in the freezer. Look like they will be nice with baked beans for lunch.

Going to dig for PS3 games. We mostly use the old playstation as a dvd player, but I think there is a game or two about the house.

garage door men came back to finish the trim, and make some minor adjustments to the alignment of the door now it had settled. Good workmen, nice job, not madly overpriced.

Brainstorming some interesting CPD ideas with the boss.... this afternoon - policy writing.....

anything interesting on your charity shop?

The charity shop has been shut a while (C19) and we don’t play on the playstation that much. Years since we have played anything. I see a lot of ps3 games in the charity shop, but not interested enough to remember to look.

I have found Motor Storm Apocalypse, which is a multi player driving game on off road/city tracks.
I think we have a Wipeout (version) and some first-person shooter games but can’t find them.

We do have a PSone which we both love playing Hogs of War. Wife is proficient at playing Hogs, and we have long battles. This is the one video game that we both play regularly. A bit niche.

painting a shower room , counselling a very very upset person who has a relative die in a foreign country and cannot get there for funeral !!

Paper books? Old skool! I've never read my chess books either :)

Chessable ...chess books online, with move trainer and explanation videos etc. This is the way forward.

The principles of the opening for beginners ...best place to start for total beginners, i.e. if you know the basic rules of chess and the value of the pieces but not much more.
Chess Fundamentals ...then go here
Climbing The Rating Ladder ...then here

Cheers,
I am continuing to watch a lot of youtube chess content etc. and I think it's helping. It's a great resource, but easy to get information overload. I need to slow down and think more, rather than jumping from topic to topic.

I still can't stop browsing ebay and amazon for more books for me to not read though.

Still haven't dared to play a human yet either, but I feel I'm getting closer to thinking I might, soon, one day, maybe.

Today I’ll take my coat to the dry cleaners following yesterday’s ill-advised walk following public footpaths across farmland. The final climb back to the road got boggier and boggier until I was in squelchy, sticky mud eight inches deep. Then my foot decided it was unable to move when I asked it to, I lost my balance and fell forwards into it. I carried several pounds of extra baggage on the two-mile walk home.

50839007201_41261d46cd_z.jpg

Today I’ll take my coat to the dry cleaners following yesterday’s ill-advised walk following public footpaths across farmland. The final climb back to the road got boggier and boggier until I was in squelchy, sticky mud eight inches deep. Then my foot decided it was unable to move when I asked it to, I lost my balance and fell forwards into it. I carried several pounds of extra baggage on the two-mile walk home.

50839007201_41261d46cd_z.jpg
Of all the rooms to ditch your clothes, wipe down carefully!

walked the woofer.

completed palm sanding to jewellery box, to do fill the open grain and sand the rest by hand with 400g+
and commence oil coats. also make the lift out tray.

postie has delivered my O guage buildings and pavement details, busy today thank goodness.

attempted a Big Tabs short disco session last night, and 3rd 12" single in the earthing failed, can't investigate as did back in a couple of weeks ago when i decided to fall up the stairs, yes up.

Wife has pulled a muscle in her back. Luckily she had got my morning tea and biscuit :)

I have checked and we have a few diazepam (an old prescription of mine) left, excellent for this kind of situation (muscle relaxant) - I am keeping them in reserve, dosed her with ibuprofen and paracetamol. A tickle with 2mg will sort the pain if it persists.

We also have some horse medication which takes your mind off back ache for a while.

‘Ice Blue - Leg Cooler gel’ for horses.
http://www.carrdaymartin.co.uk/product/ice-blueleg-cooler-gel/

The horse gel is a bit like Ralgex, but feels stronger. It certainly gives you something else to think about.

I have been warned to refrain from making The Wife laugh. Fat chance.

spending a huge amount of time on BAME facebook groups counteracting anti vaccine rhetoric .... its huge . the public health director says about 505 of those offered the vaccine in this high risk area are refusing it

too much disco?

Naw, Wife is fit (!) and tap-dances weekly.

Sad to see this story. Awful.

I have worked with Mr. Perks and he is a nice man and respected surgeon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9148473/Householder-65-fighting-life-stabbed-intruder.html

An addition to the story.

I heard on radio 4 this morning that the 55 yr. old suspect is also a Doctor!
(at least I think I heard this)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-stabbing-ex-colleague-65-chest-stomach.html

The suspect lives in the same village.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back