Coronavirus - the new strain XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headaches
Stomach aches
No appetite
Loss of taste and smell
Diarrhoea...

Those are almost all researched symptoms that have occurred in some cohorts with Covid, the ZOE Covid symptom study identified a number of additional symptom groups from their research (https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-clusters).

They identified 6 clusters of symptoms:

1 (‘flu-like’ with no fever): Headache, loss of smell, muscle pains, cough, sore throat, chest pain, no fever.

2 (‘flu-like’ with fever): Headache, loss of smell, cough, sore throat, hoarseness, fever, loss of appetite.

3 (gastrointestinal): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore throat, chest pain, no cough.

4 (severe level one, fatigue): Headache, loss of smell, cough, fever, hoarseness, chest pain, fatigue.

5 (severe level two, confusion): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain.

6 (severe level three, abdominal and respiratory): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain, shortness of breath, diarrhoea, abdominal pain.

I've just had some of the gastrointestinal issues and was offered a test. Currently waiting on the results and in the meantime, I'm staying at home. It had me a little nervous for a while, feeling better now, but I don't need to be a link in a chain of infection - the only consolation as a member of the 'over 50 and overweight' category is the risks of serious issues seems lower in the lower numbered clusters.

Yes. A friend of mine works as a track and tracer and they were saying that there is such a wide range of symptoms being reported now.

People need to pick a side, IMO: they can blame the public or the government. Can’t do both.

Sweeping statement, IMO. There are certain areas of communities that need help and support, others that don't. Certain areas that can make up their own mind and do the pragmatic thing. Others that need further guidance and support. This isn't black and white. Any one that totally blames one or the other isn't being objective enough for me. Sorry.

Sweeping statement, IMO. There are certain areas of communities that need help and support, others that don't. Certain areas that can make up their own mind and do the pragmatic thing. Others that need further guidance and support. This isn't black and white. Any one that totally blames one or the other isn't being objective enough for me. Sorry.

The enlightenment was repealed around 2016, you have to pick a dogma now or face ordeal by fire.

Pimlico Plumbers took a massive stand against Brexit including taking out a number of high profile ads around London that must have cost a fortune. I'm at least prepared to hear them out on this as they aren't your typical make money at all costs outfit.

Absolutely, I agree with Charlie. The problem is going to come when some start kicking off about being forced to have the vaccine against their will blah blah blah. Of course, you just know it’ll be about getting a few quid on the way out. No doubt Charlie has very good lawyers but smaller businesses will struggle to afford them.

I know what you mean. The devil is in the detail, tho. It's not in generalistic, sweeping statements or blame.

It’s a zero sum game. It’s not just that the failure to set the correct rules is vastly more significant, epidemiologically, than non-compliance with existing rules. It’s that any attention given to non- compliance lets the government off the hook and makes it less likely that they’ll take the necessary steps.

That is, objectively, the situation right now. Divvying up the finger-wagging might feel sensible and level-headed, but strictly speaking it isn’t really rational.

We eventually got an update late last night

48 682 new cases (still not coming down significantly), 1248 deaths and 3894 (11th) 4134 (12th) new admissions. I've reanalysed with the last few points and the doubling time is now 20 days

Regulator refuses mass testing of school children over false reassurances

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...approve-mass-covid-testing-schools-in-england

Private healthcare is booming

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...hs-breaking-point-private-healthcare-thriving

Absolutely, I agree with Charlie. The problem is going to come when some start kicking off about being forced to have the vaccine against their will blah blah blah. Of course, you just know it’ll be about getting a few quid on the way out. No doubt Charlie has very good lawyers but smaller businesses will struggle to afford them.

It would be interesting to see where they stand re: Employment Law, especially if someone has an adverse reaction.

Why can’t you just give them a letter explaining the situation with false negatives?

(Ah - looking more carefully I see the magic words “Sources said . . . “ It’s just paper talk maybe.)

no that was just seeking further explanation

"The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) told the government on Tuesday it had not authorised the daily use of 30-minute tests due to concerns that they give people false reassurance if they test negative."

no that was just seeking further explanation

"The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) told the government on Tuesday it had not authorised the daily use of 30-minute tests due to concerns that they give people false reassurance if they test negative."
Seems sensible. It was always PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back