advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fab , I don't have a pic of his home organ but it's MASSIVE!
I bet you added the word ‘home’ there after posting and reading it back.

I did a programme once with Michael Berkeley, who has a wicked sense of humour, from Brum Town Hall. He had to do a piece about the TH for the top of the show, and for the first rehearsal he said ‘Of course the centrepiece of the Town Hall is William Hill’s enormous organ.’ After much laughter, he changed it for the second rehearsal to ‘William Hill’s magnificent erection.’

Last edited:
at long last new garage door installed. No more bother with padlocks and bolts.....now a shiny remote control.

It appears that the 911 is equipped with the right buttons to programme the car to open the garage door.. .

Yesterday evening The Wife and I went to a nightclub.
The drinks were free (Rum n Cokes for me)
We danced and laughed together for nearly 3 hours.

The music/hi-fi room did its job. I had spent a couple of hours making wife-friendly dance c.d’s.
Of 3 hours of music, about 2 tunes didn’t work. Not bad for the little time I spent arranging the playlist order.

The old disco lights I have worked very well, we both agreed the coloured lights added to the experience.

It reminded me of a Russian woman who came for dinner in the mid 1980’s. Mid-summer, maybe 2p.m. we had some chat and drinks, suddenly the Russian woman stood up and started dancing! In the middle of the day, in broad daylight!
We adopted this ‘who cares?’ attitude and danced at the home discotheque.

Not something that we will do every day, but it was fun.

Fair play BT, go for it

rained off yet again. browsing 'O' guage railway models. bought a few kit houses, lighting and transformer, pavement bits and bobs.
attempting to set a budget, does not look too promising as partner only getting works pension and the state one not till next year.

record cleaning next, got 3 or 4, also a culling of the collection now 600+, needs to be around 550.

failed the no drink yesterday test, forgot the footer was on, drink today its thursday innit

Ordered another couple of chess books. Regretted it as soon as I pressed "pay now".
I now own 6 chess books. 7 if you count the one on back-order from Amazon.

I have read non. I do intend to study them carefully, playing out every lesson and variation in all of them, or so I keep telling myself. I want to become great at chess.

Ok, I want to become decent at chess.

Ok, I want to not totally suck at chess.

Ok, I want to feel brave enough to actually play a game against another live human one day instead of just looking at the "play live" button then deciding that one more game against the easy level bots would be the prudent choice first.

The easy level bot just beat me. Maybe I need another, better book.
Paper books? Old skool! I've never read my chess books either :)

Chessable ...chess books online, with move trainer and explanation videos etc. This is the way forward.

The principles of the opening for beginners ...best place to start for total beginners, i.e. if you know the basic rules of chess and the value of the pieces but not much more.
Chess Fundamentals ...then go here
Climbing The Rating Ladder ...then here

Take my advice, don’t set yourself silly tests like this. It’s akin to giving yourself the ‘attempt to explain quantum entanglement without waving your arms about’ test. Failure will only lead to reduced self-esteem. Don’t give yourself that option.

fortunately, i do not beat myself up if i fail. a decision for wine or not is heavily dependent on food. mon/tues usually snack meals with whatever is left over, so easy not to indulge. i do think it a good idea to have some respite from alcohol per week

I've been sorely tempted to get back into model railways. It's a bottomless pit tho, isn't it?

indeed, so trying to set budget now. fortunately i have a 3m long fitted utility bench and 2.5m return wall in the loft so some costs reduced for intial works.
looking at O guage full scale for one track, OO guage track for narrow O guage engine and rolling stock, and a canal.

i reckon 3k would do it, with a lot of scratch building.

as for hifi, the only thing i have bought in the last 5 years are cartridges, and i am now happy. will only replace items with s/h when absolutely necessary.

The music/hi-fi room did its job. I had spent a couple of hours making wife-friendly dance c.d’s.
Of 3 hours of music, about 2 tunes didn’t work. Not bad for the little time I spent arranging the playlist order.

The old disco lights I have worked very well, we both agreed the coloured lights added to the experience.

It reminded me of a Russian woman who came for dinner in the mid 1980’s. Mid-summer, maybe 2p.m. we had some chat and drinks, suddenly the Russian woman stood up and started dancing! In the middle of the day, in broad daylight!

That made me smile - lovely post.

hope you walked her home ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back