advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are wearing incredibly rose tinted goggles. Your reality is so different to the real world.
Please - watch this and come back with another witty, incomprehensible answer.
Or just admit you got it wrong. Again.
https://www.channel4.com/news/johns...-with-eu-on-goods-shipped-to-northern-ireland

Oh, it's a Sainsbury in NI.

I didn't get that one wrong at all. I repeatedly said that the NI Protocol to the WA would place an effective border down the Irish Sea, and break the 300 year old UK Single Market, thus flying directly in the face of the Good Friday Agreement.

I was told, repeatedly, that there would be no such border.

“300 year old U.K. single market”. Is it a thing in The Spectator? We’ll be getting “300 year old U.K. Schengen area” next.

Apart from the present crisis is this still the case; is it just the junior doctors or GPs?

Doctors, GPs, nurses. The NHS is massively understaffed (and some 25k returned to their EU countries of origin after the Brexit vote).

F.e. Westminster Debate Pack from February last year:

Nursing workforce shortage in England

The need to recruit and retain an adequate health and care workforce has been described by many commentators as the greatest challenge currently facing the NHS. The Care Quality Commission’s State of Care report for 2018/19 stated that workforce problems are having a direct impact on care.

Nursing is facing one of the greatest recruitment problems and NHS hospitals and mental health and community providers are currently reporting a shortage of around 40,000 full time equivalent (FTE) nurses. According to analysis conducted by The Health Foundation, The King’s Fund and Nuffield Trust in 2019, on current trends, in 10 years’ time the NHS will have a shortfall of approximately 108,000 full-time equivalent nurses.

I wasn’t going to bother having been busy for 2 weeks and lost some interest in pointing out ridiculous posts from hard remainers/Trumpists, but I knew I would have been missed. There have been some real gems since the turn of the year, by the way.

Not a surprise from you, Colin. Are you really an adult?

Yes, obviously, but tut tut. What have I ever done to you?

I’ll play along, such fun...

Hard remainer is a person who voted remain in the 2016 referendum on EU membership but refuses to accept the outcome of that referendum. They refused to accept a soft brexit because they demand the referendum be ignored even though that would undermine democracy. They’re similar to supporters of Trump, who insist the outcome of the recent US election should be ignored and the Republicans should remain in govt even though a majority voted for something else.

What did you think it was? Such people do exist, there were a lot of them in Parliament until Dec 2019, they’re why May couldn’t get her attempts at a deal agreed. There are a number of such undemocratic, tormented souls posting in this thread. :D They need to be separated from normal people who supported remaining in the EU but who respect a majority voted to leave.

HTH

Laughing at the latest nonsense from Hugh isn’t glee. It’s just laughing. I mean, do you really believe the thread is about positives of brexit rather than a thread for the hard remainers here to whinge?

Hard remainers are not like the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol building the other day, that’s a clear example in English even you can understand. What I’m saying is they share the characteristic of lacking respect for democracy, Trumpists want the outcome of the recent US election ignored, hard remainers want the outcome of the 2016 referendum ignored. It’s very easy to understand.

So you’re offended yet again. Are you sure you should bother with the internet? Your posts could offend me on an almost daily basis, but I choose not to be offended despite your dodgy efforts at inference all the time, basically it’s a tactic you use to argue with people about something they didn’t post.

Tell you what, since you’re so determined to make a deal of this go to the original post, quote what I posted and nothing else then we can talk about what you think I said versus what I actually said.
OK, though I’m not exactly sure which one you had in mind, so I’ve quoted both. It’s interesting, because I think you mean the second one, but if you read it in light of the first one, which precedes it on the same page (82, I think), then I think the accusation that hard Remainers are like Trumpists comes through loud and clear. And there’s little enough to make it clear that you mean ‘a bit like some aspects, but not the rioty, insurrectiony bits’. Rather the reverse, to my mind. And, having been called out, you’ve spent much of the last 14 pages weaselling out of it.

“300 year old U.K. single market”. Is it a thing in The Spectator? We’ll be getting “300 year old U.K. Schengen area” next.

Ah, The Spectator, another of The DeCameron's favoured organs. However, sorry to disappoint, as it wasn't founded until 1828, 121 years after the Act of Union (Scotland), which, amongst its other provisions created a Customs Union between the former Kingdoms of Scotland & England, and 28 years after the Act of Union of 1800, which effected the same between the United Kingdom and Ireland, further amended in 1923 when the Republic of Ireland departed the Union.

The UK Single Market is an instrumental provision of the Acts of Union, and thus the UK Constitution (as incised, directly in the face of the GFA, by the NI Protocol to the WA) and has precisely sweet FA to do with The Spectator magazine.

That’s fascinating EV but I wasn’t soliciting a Googled history lesson from you, I was referring to your contrived use of ‘single market’ in the context. That’s what I meant when I said it reeked of Spectator.

Doctors, GPs, nurses. The NHS is massively understaffed (and some 25k returned to their EU countries of origin after the Brexit vote).

F.e. Westminster Debate Pack from February last year:

Nursing workforce shortage in England

The need to recruit and retain an adequate health and care workforce has been described by many commentators as the greatest challenge currently facing the NHS. The Care Quality Commission’s State of Care report for 2018/19 stated that workforce problems are having a direct impact on care.

Nursing is facing one of the greatest recruitment problems and NHS hospitals and mental health and community providers are currently reporting a shortage of around 40,000 full time equivalent (FTE) nurses. According to analysis conducted by The Health Foundation, The King’s Fund and Nuffield Trust in 2019, on current trends, in 10 years’ time the NHS will have a shortfall of approximately 108,000 full-time equivalent nurses.

No problemo: Tory Govt will decree that any nursing qualification from anywhere in the world is good enough.

Yes, there aren’t any hard remainers will accept, I told you that months ago. Did you miss it , or do you need a picture of some sort?

We know that Brexit is an absence of positives we used to enjoy Brian.
We know the UK will not ever have those benefits again.
We know Brexit negatives will outweigh positives for the vast majority however it is spun by the dishonest.
We are in mourning for that and for a UK we thought we knew.
The deception was effective and the dirty deed is done. We don't need to like it.

What is a hard remainer exactly? If a remainer is someone who wanted to remain in the EU, is a hard remainer someone who wanted to really remain, a lot?
8OTv.gif

What is a hard remainer exactly? If a remainer is someone who wanted to remain in the EU, is a hard remainer someone who wanted to really remain, a lot?
8OTv.gif

Brian says these are people who have stated they don't accept the result of the 2016 referendum and just want it overturned.
When Brian is asked to cite examples of people on here saying that - he ignores the question, we must assume he hasn't found any.
Brian says these people are awful and undemocratic, which they would be if they existed.

Meanwhile, many here would like another vote on Brexit featuring the reality, as it appears to be somewhat different to the unaccountable fantasy promises. That isn't ignoring the vote because we left the EU and Brian knows that. But Brian doesn't want another vote, even though that is more democracy not less, because he wishes to cling on to an outcome he favours regardless of the consequences. An informed vote when people know what it really means would obviously threaten that.

So when Brian says people who he hasn't been able to identify are 'undemocratic' - you may feel there is much irony involved.

I liked the bit where she tells the committee she had gone through a gamut of emotions over four days then was busy planning Christmas as reasons for failing to carry out her ministerial duty. She too is a victim.
Fish? Tish and pish...

Brian says these are people who have stated they don't accept the result of the 2016 referendum and just want it overturned.
When Brian is asked to cite examples of people on here saying that - he ignores the question, we must assume he hasn't found any.
Brian says these people are awful and undemocratic, which they would be if they existed.

Meanwhile many here would like another vote on Brexit featuring the reality, as it appears to be somewhat different to the unaccountable fantasy promises. That isn't ignoring the vote because we left the EU and Brian knows that. But Brian doesn't want another vote, even though that is more democracy not less, because he wishes to cling on to an outcome he favours regardless of the consequences. An informed vote when people know what it really means would obviously threaten that.

So when Brian says people who he hasn't been able to identify are 'undemocratic' - you may feel there is much irony involved.
Thanks, so hard remainers are people who would have wanted parliament to ignore the referendum result (which was not legally binding) and stay in the EU anyway - a moot point now since you left already.

I didn't know who introduced that concept to this thread so me using a Life of Brian GIF was a coincidence.

I liked the bit where she tells the committee she had gone through a gamut of emotions over four days then was busy planning Christmas as reasons for failing to carry out her ministerial duty. She too is a victim.
Oh, that's all right then, I understand totally. Don't be beastly to the poor woman. Why would an MP and minister have to read through 1000 pages in a couple of days when she could be organizing Christmas instead? Plus all that treaty stuff is dead boring, and it was going to be voted through in a day anyway because of the government's self-imposed "take back control" deadline, so what was the point?

Fish? Tish and pish...
Johnson certainly has a mixed-ability class of ministers. His lackey in Scotlandshire, Douglas Ross who’s CV includes lying in addition to not showing up for work and incompetence when he does, has a seat right in the middle of fishing and agriculture country. He’s trying to sneak into the Edinburgh Parliament via the back door as a list candidate, rightly too afraid to put his own name on the ballot paper for his constituency because I think he knows what would happen.
Mustn’t grumble though, we can vote them out in four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back