advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

Got it even more filthy today (and covered in cow shit as the farmers have been out spreading and think they got more on the country roads than they did on their fields) :mad:

Quick contactless wash (soaked in warm water and some Dodo Juice car shampoo I've got left over); let that sit and do its thing and then simply rinsed...

Windows towel dried as it'll freeze hard again overnight

Got it even more filthy today (and covered in cow shit as the farmers have been out spreading and think they got more on the country roads than they did on their fields) :mad:

Quick contactless wash (soaked in warm water and some Dodo Juice car shampoo I've got left over); let that sit and do its thing and then simply rinsed...

Windows towel dried as it'll freeze hard again overnight

Nice. That's quite a result for an improvised contactless wash.

Nice. That's quite a result for an improvised contactless wash.

Well it was handwashed and Polar Seal reapplied just after Christmas, so the contactless wash does well as the crud doesn't really stick to it that much

It's still 'dirty' but only close up ;)

I don’t like washing the car when it’s this cold to be honest, you can’t get rid of all the (clean from final rinse) water and can find doors sticking or it sitting elsewhere as it turns to ice. I’ll just do windows and lights and wait for the temp to get to 5c or more.

On the way home today after a night shift the outside temp gauge was reading 5c , Wow I thought a heat wave , May wash the car
Arrived home and upon exiting the car in the wind chill my enthusiasm ebbed away to " Bol-ocks it can wait " :D

I don’t like washing the car when it’s this cold to be honest, you can’t get rid of all the (clean from final rinse) water and can find doors sticking or it sitting elsewhere as it turns to ice. I’ll just do windows and lights and wait for the temp to get to 5c or more.

Haven't had any issues in the years I've been washing cars over the winter months

Then again the seals are well siliconed or Gummi Pfledge'd etc so they rarely stick

It is deeply sad that I have a whole google photos gallery named beading pics...

ACtC-3e5cMvNwIIyLIUq27Gn_dUJSgryKSF78c6CaL7E2ygdd1VNibXy3hCN0JhYHGsr_JFVcmxF82WpIk0xvE4gr90MdElxE-_VFDUq1ZRJAm0SJVaKW-u-5qguKh4WIGgMH5Un8LhicigogKSOv-WDxTXmvg=w598-h444-no

Don’t put yourself down, there’s something oddly satisfying seeing beads of water running off a car, or a coat, or polished shoes etc.

Don’t put yourself down, there’s something oddly satisfying seeing beads of water running off a car, or a coat, or polished shoes etc.

This very much :D

Stems from my teens in the ATC. Wife wonders why and how I'm able to get the mirror finish on her black and tan leather boots.

All my Grensons and Joseph Cheaney boots have highly polished toes haha ;)

wasat then? washing the car without touching it? do you need to wear a mask?

Literally that

The cars snowfoamed, or in this case soaked with warm water and a heavy car shampoo solution and then rinsed, thoroughly.

Needed to get all the cow shite and as much salt off the car as possible

Literally that

The cars snowfoamed, or in this case soaked with warm water and a heavy car shampoo solution and then rinsed, thoroughly.

Needed to get all the cow shite and as much salt off the car as possible

can you do that with a bucket , or do you need the faff of a hose and/or pressure washer

advertisement

Back