advertisement

Retro tech audio

slammed56

pfm Member
I’m interested in buying some gear from this company , Retro Tech Audio who are based in Caterham ,Surrey
Any of you guys bought from them before ? Basically looking to see if anyone would recommend them ,I can’t visit to pickup the items so it all need to be done online

I've bought some Quad gear from them, no problems and they didn't quibble about a refund on a non-functioning Quad CD player that I bought from them.

Got some interesting gear on there. Could set up a nice vintage system for little outlay. Thanks for the heads up.

That’s the reason I started the post , I’d never heard of them before
A friend sent me the link as they’re selling some items I’m interested in buying
If your into vintage gear , you can’t go wrong here

10 doors down from my former accountant - not a lot of help really.

I don`t think they`ve been there many years although they may be the same people I contacted once in nearby Old Coulsdon, about a Leevers Rich 16mm film recorder - if so they didn`t seem to know what they`d got.

I know the guys there and have used them for a number of things both bought and sold.

Totally fair and decent. I’m in Old Coulsdon just down the round from them. Not an easy shop to spot if you don’t know they’re there

Hi,
I got a cd player from them once; very pleased and still using it. They were very prompt and were happy to discuss matters over the phone. Also, I am not far from them so they delivered it to me which was very convenient.

I had a Kenwood 3020SE off them a few years ago. Looked hardly used and fairly priced. Fast delivery, amp was double boxed. Have upgraded since, but the Kenwood was working fine when I last played it a few months ago.

Hi,
I've purchased several Quad items from them in the past, and last year an RCD965 BX Discrete.
They have always been straightforward to deal with and the items have always been well packed.
Mike Kelshaw

Bought my Quad 405-2 from them last year. It works very well. Very nice chap that I dealt with. The amp was posted to me and the packaging was excellent.

Mike

advertisement

Back