advertisement

Source for 'standard' quality cartridge to headshell lead wires

djftw

Heterodox Member
Not really DIY, but thought I'd put in here as I have a notion I will get better answers here!

I was looking for some lead wires with tags, I wanted basically the same type that came free with my Audio Technica Cartridge or Ortofon Headshells. Gold plated tags, fairly thin (presumably) copper cable but all feels well made and secure. Ones for sale on their own from both those brands, however, look rather different; chonky cables, lots of heatshrink and except a £10 AT one downright silly pricetags. I don't want such chonky cable though, I have some like that and they're a pain!

I thought eBay might prevail and this might even be something where buying a few years supply from China/HK/Taiwan might be the way to go, but everything I have spotted on there looks fairly suspect. Sloppy looking heatshrink over what looks to be sloppy soldering, "gold" tags that are clearly not gold in the pictures "7N copper" or "6N silver" leads that look like a twisted pair of tinned wire in a clear PVC insulator to me...

Does anyone know where I might source normal decent quality ones?

Can you not make your own using D-Sub contacts and you're own wire? Crimp, solder and some heat shrink and you're done.

Hi Guys,

If you just want “normal” no nonsense wires for a cartridge head shell go look at your local DJ / Music shop rather than the local HiFi Emporium.

I get many of my of consumables from my local DJ City including sensible prices on “Normal” Valves, Headphones and Interconnects.

For Example: Ortofon ACC-Wires Headshell Replacement Wires - DJ City ... You own local DJ/music store should be doing similar pricing.

LPSpinner

advertisement

Back