advertisement

Primare i35

I've a lot of older Primare kit and very happy with it. I've never heard the i35, but the Primare Posse over on Wigwam seem to think it's a step up from the previous generation. I really like my Pre32, though the A60 power amp I bought recently took some getting used to as it's so transparent with a huge dynamic range.

Worth a listen.

I'd be interested to hear. I like my i22 a lot and am tempted to get another one of their amps for one of the other systems.

I really enjoy my i32. The build quality, feel of the controls etc. is very impressive. It's incredibly detailed but not harsh or hard-edged in any way. Previously I was using a Naim 5i-2, which I liked a lot, but the Primare is in another league in terms of detail a naturalness (the latter perhaps being a subjective notion) I get the impression from forum posts I've come across that the i35 is a significant improvement on the already lovely i32, but of course, I've not heard the i35 and it's easy to get sucked along by a collective hype, but even if it's merely mild improvement over the i32, then it's a special amp.

I really enjoy my i32. The build quality, feel of the controls etc. is very impressive. It's incredibly detailed but not harsh or hard-edged in any way. Previously I was using a Naim 5i-2, which I liked a lot, but the Primare is in another league in terms of detail a naturalness (the latter perhaps being a subjective notion) I get the impression from forum posts I've come across that the i35 is a significant improvement on the already lovely i32, but of course, I've not heard the i35 and it's easy to get sucked along by a collective hype, but even if it's merely mild improvement over the i32, then it's a special amp.

I have an i32 in my second system and love it. Very interested in what the next step up in Primare world would be.

I was enjoying listening to the i35 at the Bristol show in February, but they couldn't get the streaming to work properly - could be either hotel connections or flakey software. Either way I'd probably go for the DAC version before the Prisma. Sounded very good when on.

Any views on this amp, and how it compares to other similarly priced amps ? eg Leema, Roksan
I have an I25, which is a lower powered version of the I35, without balanced inputs. It replaced a Hegel H70. I'm very happy with the Primare amp. I'd say the main improvement wrt the Hegel is the quality of the bass. The Hegel was more quantity than quality as far as bass was concerned. The other improvement is that the Primare responds to its remote control, something the Hegel amp rarely troubled itself to do.

Anyone who has tried both could compare the step up from the A30.1 model 1 to the i35? I am thinking of an upgrade.

I really enjoyed listening to the little i15 with Falcon LS3/5a's at one of the Windsor shows a few year's back and along with more serious Primare pre-power kit driving big Goldenear Tritons - they were the best sounds at those shows for me. So can imagine the i35 being quite stonkingly good.

Well first impressions of my new i35 are mixed. Great soundstage and very rythmical, but this tends to obscure the vocals in rock / pop.

Left it for a few days then switched it on again this afternoon and... nothing, no sound. Ulp. Luckily still under warranty, and will have another look later today.

advertisement

Back