advertisement

Amp for P3ESR XD

M@ver1ck

pfm Member
What are amps folks are actually using with the P3ESRs? If you've been using them for more than 3-4 years, so much the better. I feel Naim + Harbeth leaves me marginally depressed. Like the Naim + Totem/Kudos sounds - but was trying to try some other amplification with the harbeths.

What are amps folks are actually using with the P3ESRs? If you've been using them for more than 3-4 years, so much the better. I feel Naim + Harbeth leaves me marginally depressed. Like the Naim + Totem/Kudos sounds - but was trying to try some other amplification with the harbeths.
Perhaps different preferences or expectations. Naim + Harbeth remains the best combination for me after living with it for 10 years now. Recently I acquired a Luxman L-590AXII for the Marten speakers and briefly tried it on the SHL5+ but found the 282/HCDR/250DR to be sonically superior. There are few Naim users using 552/300 and olive 52 setups on SHL5+ and M30.2 XD with great success.

I never found it really made a tremendous difference what amp I used with the P3ESR when I was actually listening to them - they always sounded great. Talking about it seemed to make me think the differences were more pronounced!

I enjoyed the 5 months I spent using a NAD C316BEE with the P3 back in 2014. Everything else has been a bit of a luxury TBH.

advertisement

Back