advertisement

Velcro

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
I bought some self adhesive Velcro hook tape to replace the sad Velcro tape on a pair on Linn Saras I rebuilt. What I didn't notice is that the Velcro hooks on the old tape are larger than the hooks on typical, standard Velcro tape.

Can anyone tell me what to look for to find the right tape? Looking on eBay I can only see the small hook stuff.

Thank you :0)

The small hook stuff should work OK - try a little piece!

I will but I tried it on the Isobarik grilles and it did not grip as well as the big hook stuff. It was very cheap so I'm not worried if it goes in the bin, I would rather the grilles stay on.

There used to be a whole raft of different, industrial, versions of Velcro - some not using the fluffy/woolly equivalent of velcro and many not using the hooks of Velcro either - some used something like tiny, very long-stalked mushrooms to lock together.

Try avoiding the name Velcro and search for things like, industrial press fastener tape - what you are looking for should be out there, even if only in 10 or 50m lengths.

Not sure is this is the right principle, but is Velcro brand - Velcro Brand Black Heavy Duty Stick-On Tape 1 x 50mm | Building Tape | Screwfix.com

The hook tape is only available in 25mm width so has to be halved , its markie the foam grill man from cornwall usually has it or just restick your old with some tesa double sided tape.

The hook tape is only available in 25mm width so has to be halved..

That'll be right as the stuff on the speakers is about 12.5mm wide. I'll give the stuff I've got a try and if it doesn't stick well I'll get the better stuff.

Took me a while to find close to identical for Isobariks on aforementioned Ebay.
Have the other half left over

advertisement

Back