advertisement

A thread to recommend stuff on the BBC

Has anyone seen the DB Cooper Storyville from BBC4?

I've read lots about the story before but this is meant to be quite interesting apparently, 85mins though.

Spiral is back in the New Year. That, and the rest of BBC4's Saturday evening programming throughout the year justifies the licence fee.

Should you fancy watching a pretty odd film, with an excellent soundtrack (Cavern Of Anti Matter), then In Fabric is up on iplayer at the moment.
If you're a fan of Lynch and/or Argento you might well like it.
Oh, and any film with a credit for "mannequin pubic hair" is alright with me.

Unless I have missed it..(and I have searched the thread..) no mention of 'Normal People'. I 'clocked' that it was being well received. Not my usual fare at all.. but it is there on the iPlayer so I decided to give it a go. So far I'm up to Episode 4.

As I say.. I don't normally do 'romance' and I could cheerfully choke the pair of them as I mutter 'just get on with it!!!' at the screen... but it is funny, charming, and just a little reminder of what it was to be young and not quite so innocent..

Lovely stuff.

Edit: Watched the rest of it now. Hmm. It does get significantly darker, and more serious..and in many ways less representative of the reality of my youth.. but still very entertaining. I assume there is a series 2.. which I will watch.

Last edited:
Steer clear of R3 at the moment, incessant Brian Cox! .

"And millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions andmillions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions andmillions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions... of Staaaaaarrrrrsss."

There’s a quiz/game show introduced by Gordon Ramsay, because of course if you can’t get a DIY bod a sweary chef is obviously the perfect presenter. It’s worth watching for a few hilarious (in an extremely bad way) minutes, but most definitely not more. You can’t avoid it, anytime you turn your TV on it will either be showing this or Masterbloodychef. My favourite contestant so far has been the one (she was jumping up and down, rather wild eyed - I suspected a mixture of speed and caffeine) who, when asked to name a capital city outside the EU than is north of London, screamed ‘MANCHESTER!!!’ without a moment’s hesitation.

I saw last night that a friend and ex-colleague of mine has got herself a gig as Vision Mixer on this nonsense. I will give her a stern talking to next time I see her.

Mrs BB is a fan of the Welsh drama series 'Keeping Faith'. Some things she watches I just can't tolerate (Blue Bloods & Holby City to name two) but the first two series of Keeping Faith had enough about them to keep me interested. Series 3 however is absolutely shocking, the same long lingering shots of Eve Myles (Faith) looking into the distance, applying make up or generally looking Mardy but now with even more over acting and bouts of illogical shouting. Thank goodness it's the final series, even Mrs BB said the episode we watched last night (S3, Ep2) was 'Shite'.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back