advertisement

Naim nait xs2

worz

pfm Member
Hi all anybody tried a xs2 in the system ,thinking of purchasing one until I get my 250 sorted as that's a good few weeks away lol
Cheers worz

If you like the Naim sound & can justify spending that much on a “stop-gap” amp, then really it’s a no brainer.

My fave Naim amp (actually, I really liked Supernait 1 also). That Sevenoaks deal is incredible and the great thing about the XS2 is it can be upgraded later with flatcap or hicap.
I ran mine bare for a year and then added a Hicap DR and there was a huge uplift in performance. However, it was wonderful before the added power supply, so you will be amazed if you go for it.

The xs2 is now, I believe a discontinued line. They probably purchased the last of the line stock at a good price?
Not B-graded, they would have to state that in the advert, I think.

Depending on which speakers intended in the second setup,? FWIW I had my early XS1 up against Rega Brio and IO, both with phonostage, running some bookshelf Royds or Rega.
Both Rega amps performed superb and was preferred in some occasions.
worth mention XS was never serviced and much older as both Rega amps were quite recent.

Comparing my XS2 against a 5i and it’s far better. More punch, bigger sound and feels more in control. For that price mint it’s a no brainer too.

It takes at least a Supernait to beat a 72/250 in good condition IMO............just make sure you won’t regret letting go this wonderful kit before it’s too late !

I no mate I have spent a small fortune servicing over the years ,just fancy fuss free performance for once
This is twice for the 250 witch I will have done later in the year and possible build a man cave system around the nait

Well my new xs2 delivered and installed, I'm very impressed now it warmed up
Happy days

advertisement

Back