advertisement

End of Year Polls 2020

kjb

Proof reading not always a strength
As you may know from similar posts on previous years I like end of year polls to catch up on a few things I may have missed.

This year has been slightly different in that, for the first time really, I've just not been at the races. Maybe something to do with passing 60 I guess!

Ten years ago I'd have heard or bought up to 50% of the stuff on many of the lists and have had an opinion about another 25%. This year I've been streaming and enjoying the Sault record after reading about it here but so far I have barely heard of any of the ones that are being feted, aside from the Bob Dylan and I've not heard that record apart from the first track that came out.

Anyway, the possible bright side is that there's stacks of stuff for me to catch up on. The alternative is that I may well now accept the world has moved on and stick to Blue Note reissues as my alternative universe "new" records.

Anyway , as in the past, here's a space to collect polls which seem to have begun earlier than every this year.

Here's a couple I've come across so far:

Albums of the Year 2020 (roughtrade.com)

The Quietus | Features | Quietus Charts | Quietus Albums Of The Year 2020 (In Association With Norman Records)

BBC - 6 Music Recommends Albums Of The Year 2020

FWIW - my favourites from new stuff I have bought:
Nubya Garcia, Source
Sault - the latest one ( the 4 Sault records have been my regular headphone companions when out and about. I think last year's 5 is my absolute favourite)
Maria Schneider, Data Lords

Kevin

advertisement

Back