advertisement

Linn LP12 T-Kable Armlead Cable UPGRADE???

retseldrib

pfm Member
Has anyone bought one of these as an “upgrade”. If so, what sort of upgrade is it over the stock cable? Lins website says its ultra low capacitance and shielded to protect delicate signals. There doesn’t appear to be any information or claims as to what it is supposed to do?

Thanks for any replies.

Linn T-kable is assembled from Mogami Neglex 2549 which is a low capacitance twin-axial bulk microphone cable used in pro audio. the shield is bare multi strand wire thats spiral wrapped. I have the factory terminated T-kable with both RCA and XLR connector for use with different phono stages. IMHO Mogami is very good cable and hard to improve upon. If you're wondering whether T-Kable is superior to the stock leads that came with a 30 year old Ittok for instance, then yes its a no-brainer.

Alternatively, take a look at the Audiorigami site. Johnny there does some superb work on Linn arms, including cable upgrades.

I preferred the Audio Origami cable on my LP12, it sounded more open IMO. I didn't miss the T-Kable.

Dare I say Chord Sarum. Probably costs more than it's worth given the expense. However i have yet to hear a phono cable so airy.

advertisement

Back