advertisement

Crossover build

mil46

pfm Member
Hi all,
Just considering building my own small 2 way bookshelf speakers, based on designs available on the web. Considered the Ergo E1X on this forum but its a little too deep for my speaker brackets. Any kind soul out there want to quote me for building and testing the crossovers for me please.
Thanks a lot

You probably need to specify exactly which design you have in mind. And since (presumably) the crossovers will be 100% passive, testing should not be an issue.
I'm also assuming that you need someone based in Hants or thereabouts?

Thanks for the response. Not necessarily Hampshire... we can do it by post. I was hoping for a ball park figure for labour only and I can pay for any materials used. I can send the design to anyone interested. However I am looking at the Visaton Aria KE bookshelf. I know you can buy the crossover directly from them but I’d rather use better components.
Thanks again

No one interested in quoting to build me a pair of crossovers? I can send the circuit diagram to anyone interested?

Soldering is incredibly easy when you know how, and there are plenty of soldering tutorials on YouTube. Also, there's an easy way to make sure the circuit is right by numbering every junction.

Just join all the numbers:
s1v2nIC.jpg

Buy a cheap soldering iron (something like this ANTEX). You could also do with a multimeter (everyone should own a multimeter anyway) just to check component values. It's very rare that components have the wrong value printed on the side, but it has happened to me in the past.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It won't let me add two ebay links in one post for some reason. Here's some 60/40 solder that would do the job (Multicore)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back