advertisement

Help with system what its worth

oceanobsession

pfm Member
Speakers are linn isobarik bass mid tweeter front , looks like mid and tweeter top on small stands rooswood type colour

linn lp12 with an ittock or ekos note sure , has a cranked lowering handle red dot on top silver colour ,linn karma cartridge
naim chrome bumper amps pre has mono/stereo switch and normal/mute/monoitor switch
volume knob and source selector red light , 2 other naim amps only have a knob on the front.

basically she wants to sell it but not sure what its worth all from the same ish time any ideas what it may be worth . phil.

Serial number of the Briks will help. If not, do they have external crossover housed in the stand? If there's empty space in the stand then they are internal.

Naims amps should say what they are on the back.

Sounds like an Ittok but it should say on top if it's LINN ITTOK LV II or LV III.

Once you know what you've got then just search for old ebay auctions and see what they have sold for although condition, service history are all factors to consider. Buy it Now sales are not always a good guide as you get people chancing their arm with silly prices.

If it's all in nice working condition and unmodified then you could be looking at around £3k for the lot - as a VERY rough guide - give or take a grand.

Very nice system though. I use something similar and prefer it to modern systems, so the other option is get the amps and LP12 serviced and enjoy the music once again.

Difficult to say without seeing exactly what’s there and the condition of it, but the LP12 sounds like it’s of near top spec from the early/mid 80s, assuming its in good condition, that alone is worth £1000-£1500

The Briks, again, if they’re in good working condition can be worth upwards of £500 and potentially a lot more than that.

As for the CB Naim, it really depends on what it is and what working condition it’s in. There are so many variables it’s impossible to say.

If she could take some detailed photos, that would help.

The amps will have the model name on the back. Without that it's anyone's guess what they are. The boxes are the same, after all.

I'm not surprised the owner wants to sell it, she clearly has no interest in it if she doesn't even know what model it is and it's worth as much as a decent used car.

Thanks guys , it was her husbands who has now passed away , my friend knows her , he has sent some pics , trying to remember how to get them on pink fish . phil.
I’d expected that would be the case bless her. I can help you with posting the photos when you have them. I’ll either guide you through the process or you can email them to me and I’ll post them for you.

some pics
50654081457_80103f6c95_m.jpg
50654080957_f419d3967b_m.jpg
50654168622_5fd65274d3_m.jpg
50654098007_14e18b6026_m.jpg
50653988996_77f54b06c8_m.jpg

Nice system! Naim preamp looks like being a NAC 32 or 32.5 - the full system photo isn’t that high resolution but maybe a two-box Arcam CD player? The sad circumstances makes me want to get my main system back up and running again. Other folk with greater knowledge will doubtless chime in shortly...

Arcam 170 and black box must be worth a few quid. Sold mine for about £600 15 years ago. No idea what they go for now.

Yeah, nac 32 or 32.5. Would need a photo of the rear. I paid £250 for an unserviced 32 about two years ago, from a Naim dealer. 32.5 is probably worth another £50.

Looks like a Hicap in the mix, so maybe £400 tops for that, assuming it's unserviced.

Perhaps I'm being thick but can't work out what the unit is with brown cable connected, looks like a coax. Tuner I guess...

Arcam 170 and black box must be worth a few quid. Sold mine for about £600 15 years ago. No idea what they go for now.

Yeah, nac 32 or 32.5. Would need a photo of the rear. I paid £250 for an unserviced 32 about two years ago, from a Naim dealer. 32.5 is probably worth another £50.

Looks like a Hicap in the mix, so maybe £400 tops for that, assuming it's unserviced.

Perhaps I'm being thick but can't work out what the unit is with brown cable connected, looks like a coax. Tuner I guess...
yes its a tuner nac 02 . phil.

Could be a NAP250 as Woodface says or a NAP160 which would fetch less, circa £600 unserviced. That's an rough ebay price. You'd get less here on PFM but then you wouldn't have the fees to pay.

The yellowing of the logo is a shame but is common on gear made during a certain period. It will likely effect the value a little bit though.

If it's a NAP250 then it's supposed to be serviced every 8-10 years so worth checking. You could send the serial to Naim and Class A in Sheffield. If serviced by either of them then it will bump up the price. I guess about £700 now. Prices are always on the up so hard to keep track.

What make are the tables? If AudioTech or Sound Organisation then they'll be worth money.

No idea what a NAC 02 is worth.

You could use this site to search for a wider range of items for sale, including Pink Fish. Here's a Karma for example: https://www.hifishark.com/model/linn-karma-mc

You'd get more of the LP12 if you broke it up but that would be a shame and I doubt the seller wants the hassle.

With it being paired with briks, my money would be on it being a 250. Chrome Bumper versions do have a bit of a following & they are fully serviceable as outlined above. Not a nice thing to go through for the widow but I hope she finds a good home.

The LP12 is a genuine classic & there will be a lot of takers.

There's a moral here for many of us of a certain age.

I keep meaning to make a list of all my equipment details with a guesstimate of current values in case it all ends up in the charity shop, or worse, landfill.

I remember in recent years someone on here saying (in jest?) that his worst fear was that after he'd gone his widow would sell his hi fi for what he'd told her he'd paid for it!

Thanks again guys , apparently he liked classical , my friend is having a look tomorrow , could be all living stereo stuff in there , this one is supposed to be worth something
50653903558_9dec25e154_m.jpg

Thanks again guys , apparently he liked classical , my friend is having a look tomorrow , could be all living stereo stuff in there , this one is supposed to be worth something
50653903558_9dec25e154_m.jpg

I have that on CD - it’s a Beach Boys cover band. Looking at Discogs,unfortunately the LP’s not worth a great deal - £25 is the most it’s ever sold for

advertisement

Back