advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a bargain, but Laphroaig is one I dislike. Strange, as I like other Islays, but not that one. Too phenolic.

It's not the be all and end all of Islay malts; but it's a good dram; like chewing on an old HB pencil & telegraph pole that's been retired from duty but kept in creosote haha ;)

Just two opened at the moment, (now that I've finished the Glenfiddich which I got a bit tired of)
* Arran 10 year - lovely, light, just superb.
* Jim Bean Kentucky Straight Bourbon ... well it's OK but there is something odd about it, but quite drinkable.

I have these on the shelf - two of which we will be opening tonight:
* Oxford Rye from TOAD - 53.4%. A young'un from the very first cask (2017) of this very new distillery, using 'organic heritage grains'. When I went to the tasting last year this it was sublime - will it disappoint? I'll let you know.
* Oban 14
* Knockando 12 (cheapish from the local Super-U)

I have these on the shelf - two of which we will be opening tonight:
* Oxford Rye from TOAD - 53.4%. A young'un from the very first cask (2017) of this very new distillery, using 'organic heritage grains'. When I went to the tasting last year this it was sublime - will it disappoint? I'll let you know.
)
I'd be interested in your thoughts on the TOAD, its my local distillery and I have spoken to the guys in Oxford Wine Company earlier this year and they described it as being a bit 'too young' at the moment, and probably best waiting for a later release.

It was a bargain, but Laphroaig is one I dislike. Strange, as I like other Islays, but not that one. Too phenolic.

I do generally like Laphroaig a lot and bought a bottle of quarter-cask when I did the distillery tour there last year. It's decent at the discounted price and while it's fine, it's not one of my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back