advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Automobilwoche - "Nissan to close Sunderland plant". I'm not able to verify, as my German is not up to it. Only heresay at this stage but seems inevitable given the way the sinister conman PM has screwed the UK for his mates and sponsors.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1330868969243357184

Sorry, this thread is about benefits of Brexkt.
You can guess the reaction from the ERG, Farage and their honorary fly posters: nowt to do with Brexit, no need for Sunderland now that Japan can ship cars to the EU with their new trade deal. It was going to close anyway/ mustn’t grumble, we’re free to make our own laws now. Oh and I forgot, fcuk business.

It's just round the corner from Brian. Perhaps he can pop round there with a box to stand on in the car park to tell all of the redundant factory workers that it was a democratic referendum and as such that it's all fine.

IDS is contradicting the Governor of the BoE and saying no deal is still better than ‘a bad deal’. Well said Mr.Smith- clean break Brexit, it doesn’t matter if it’s more economically harmful than Covid. We need to gerritdun otherwise IDS and the ERG will keep coming back.

They'll just rename themselves the whatever annoys the right-wing at that particular time Group. I believe they are the 'Covid recovery group now.

Cameron thought he could rid the Tories of these 'fruitcakes', 'loonies' and 'closet racists' in Tory ranks.

Instead, the those people run the Tories now.

Stephen

It's just round the corner from Brian. Perhaps he can pop round there with a box to stand on in the car park to tell all of the redundant factory workers that it was a democratic referendum and as such that it's all fine.

Many Nissan workers voted for Brexit. I recall a Father/Son on C4 news who both worked there. The son was furious with the dad for voting leave. His response was ' they won't let something so big go under'.

I was pretty flabbergasted as he must have noticed that's exactly what the Tories have done there before.

I guess we'll see. But Dec is right. It'll be the fault of remainers and/or the EU.

Stephen

Many Nissan workers voted for Brexit. I recall a Father/Son on C4 news who both worked there. The son was furious with the dad for voting leave. His response was ' they won't let something so big go under'.

I was pretty flabbergasted as he must have noticed that's exactly what the Tories have done there before.

I guess we'll see. But Dec is right. It'll be the fault of remainers and/or the EU.

Stephen

i know, and it's pretty tragic. The thing is, I doubt that those impacted will just shrug their shoulders and accept that it's better to have a blue passport, but no house. They may well start to claim that they were lied to, and that the Brexit sold to them didn't turn out to be the Brexit they got. That's where Brian could step in and explain it all to them.

When we try to explain to you, the response is always heavy overuse of the [?] key and or incoherent emojis. You’d be far better asking your geographical neighbours to stop voting Tory. Tory England means Tory Brexit Brian. Have you noticed how much control you have at generating these situations? You get several people simultaneously set up then you turn the thread to your favourite subject- Brian. You post the same incoherent nonsense repeatedly in a passive aggressive manner then claim you are being ganged up on. What’s more worrying is that it seems to be totally out with your awareness.
What a load of rubbish there is in that post.

Anyway, away from your latest diversion. Everyone knows Labour lost seats to the northern racists and needs to win them back, everyone knows the main tory support is in England, what you are in denial about is the effect of those ex-Labour voters in Scotland taking 40 seats away from Labour. They did it before the English racists deserted Labour in 2019 and even before the referendum in 2016.

Explain why those 40 fewer seats for Labour in Scotland does not make it more difficult for Labour to win a majority at a GE. That’s the only question. Just one, Hugh. It isn’t a question of how I write posts in a supposedly passive aggressive manner such as yours I quoted here, it isn’t about how I use emojis, my overuse the [?] or my awareness. The thread isn’t about me, that’s you trying to do that because you are stuck for an answer and wish to avoid accepting any responsibility for your vote.

Don’t worry about me, btw. I am fine.

Sunderland isn’t just around the corner, Edinburgh is closer.

Ask Dom to drop by, he likes a drive. Have Hugh nip down the road to keep him company, since he did more for brexit than I did and I’m sure is more at home lecturing people from a box.

I don't know what Nissan will do, but I do know that if I had established any kind of operation or business based on the location being within the EU Single Market, I would be faced with a considerable dilemma which could be eased for a while with some cash back (which seems to have been the case since TM's initial bungs) but probably not for long.

I have no problem with Brexiteers thinking that this inevitable loss of businesses looking wider than the UK itself is somehow worth it to them, if not the people whose jobs will go. Obviously it would be nice to see their workings as to how that conclusion is reached, but I won't hold my breath on that one. What would be more unfortunate is to keep hearing how it's all to do with practically anything else you can think of bar the removal of the aspect that brought the business here. That would begin to look rather like faith based denial.

As for the people who worked for Nissan (for example) not wanting to acknowledge the role played by being part of the SM in their employment - reassuring yourself that anything is too big to fail has risks. In this case, it's not failure it's the deliberate end of an agreement that you would hope people had balanced more objectively. The price to Boris for helping them (and very many others) would be to have all his rabid Brexiteers screaming "sell out" so that would be courageous - even though the economics look far worse than anything that could have been envisaged in 2016. But courage is not a quality I associate him with.

Last edited:
UK playing hard ball with sausages now. Threat is to prevent importation of Irish sausages and pork type products. This is tit for tat stuff but is a nice easy example of the misery ahead for all. Previously seamless access now everything will be contentious. Losers on all sides but usually in a war the smaller side eventually loses out big time.

If the fight was just against Ireland we would lose but in the UK Brexit case sure it is a no brainer Bojo and his gang of merry men and bullying woman will win.

What a load of rubbish there is in that post.

Anyway, away from your latest diversion. Everyone knows Labour lost seats to the northern racists and needs to win them back, everyone knows the main tory support is in England, what you are in denial about is the effect of those ex-Labour voters in Scotland taking 40 seats away from Labour. They did it before the English racists deserted Labour in 2019 and even before the referendum in 2016.

Explain why those 40 fewer seats for Labour in Scotland does not make it more difficult for Labour to win a majority at a GE. That’s the only question. Just one, Hugh. It isn’t a question of how I write posts in a supposedly passive aggressive manner such as yours I quoted here, it isn’t about how I use emojis, my overuse the [?] or my awareness. The thread isn’t about me, that’s you trying to do that because you are stuck for an answer and wish to avoid accepting any responsibility for your vote.

Don’t worry about me, btw. I am fine.
Is this a rehearsal for the Nissan car park soapbox speech?

Last edited:
UK playing hard ball with sausages now. Threat is to prevent importation of Irish sausages and pork type products. This is tit for tat stuff but is a nice easy example of the misery ahead for all. Previously seamless access now everything will be contentious. Losers on all sides but usually in a war the smaller side eventually loses out big time.

If the fight was just against Ireland we would lose but in the UK Brexit case sure it is a no brainer Bojo and his gang of merry men and bullying woman will win.
Don't panic there will be a deal next month which will enable the ROI to continue moving towards an EU federal USE. The EU ship may be holed and taking on water but the few are manning the pumps to keep it afloat.

Don't panic there will be a deal next month which will enable the ROI to continue moving towards an EU federal USE. The EU ship may be holed and taking on water but the few are manning the pumps to keep it afloat.

Thanks Colin but no panic here just trying to help you see the mess that will lie ahead unless the UK ties itself to a BINO deal. Headaches forever if they go for a bun fight over everything. I understand there will be headaches for the EU also but it all seems so pointless when the UK had easy access to everything.

A sane electorate would have delivered a resounding thumbs down to the Tories and the Brexit referendum.
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.'

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1123/1180052-connelly-brexit-latest/

Last edited:

We don’t need no Irish sausage, no saucisson, no salchicha cos we’ve got-

EZcmJgL.jpg

The Great British Banger

So has anyone come up with any positive effects of Brexit in the almost 900 posts that precede this one?

They have a load of positives but one of the leaders is holding back coz we wouldn't agree with his suggestions if he posted them. Hint hint :rolleyes:

Bank Of England manager has came out and said a no deal Brexit will be a bigger financial hit than Covid19. Why is this not on main steam news ?

Don't underrate the efforts of the handful of countries manning the pumps to keep the ship afloat. They allow captain Vonderleyen and chief officer Verhofstadt to carry on full steam ahead to the promised land.

When the EU sinks, the UK follows. When the UK sinks, the EU is big enough to stay afloat.

I do also rate the EU leaders like the ones you mentioned so funnily of a higher level than the UK ones.

This all does not mean that I'm entirely happy with the EU though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back