advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be worse for British fishermen: to share UK waters with EU fleats or lose access to their largest market (> 45% of the catch in 2018)?

Have you read it? Frankly, it seems like a fair summary. Can you provide an counter arguments? Or are you resolutely sticking to attempted insults like 'hard remainer'? (whatever that is :confused:)

Have you read it? Frankly, it seems like a fair summary. Can you provide an counter arguments? Or are you resolutely sticking to attempted insults like 'hard remainer'? (whatever that is :confused:)

‘Hard remainer’ is not an insult. Are you really that sensitive?

If you can tell me how to make a clear distinction between remain voters who accept the result of the referendum and those who do not I’ll use that instead.

As for the other thing. A counter argument to what?

If you can tell me how to make a clear distinction between remain voters who accept the result of the referendum and those who do not I’ll use that instead.
Just for clarity, Brian, what do you mean when you say "accept the result of the referendum"? I think we all accept that the referendum happened, and the result is that we're leaving (have, in fact, left).

As for the other thing. A counter argument to what?

Clearly it is meant to be, you claiming otherwise is just posturing.

This thread is about the positives of Brexit, I was just trying to get it back on topic. The steadfast refusal / inability to provide anything make me suspicious that there just might not be any.

As for respecting the result of the referendum, it has nothing to do with accepting the result or not. The result is what it is, we've left, what's exactly is there to accept/not accept?

However, in a democratic society people are allowed to disagree and voice their opinion against something that they feel will do huge harm to the country. That's the whole point. Frankly I can't really think of anything more undemocratic than the "the people have spoken, we won, now everyone get behind it" argument.

Clearly it is meant to be, you claiming otherwise is just posturing.

This thread is about the positives of Brexit, I was just trying to get it back on topic. The steadfast refusal / inability to provide anything make me suspicious that there just might not be any.

As for respecting the result of the referendum, in a democratic society people are allowed to disagree and voice their opinion against something that they feel will do huge harm to the country. That's the whole point. Frankly I can't really think of anything more undemocratic than the "the people have spoken, we won, now everyone get behind it" argument. That's fascism, not democracy.
No, it isn’t.

Disagreement is fine. Calling for the outcome of a democratic referendum to be ignored is not fine.

Just for clarity, Brian, what do you mean when you say "accept the result of the referendum"? I think we all accept that the referendum happened, and the result is that we're leaving (have, in fact, left).
Give over. You know exactly what I mean.

No, it isn’t.

Disagreement is fine. Calling for the outcome of a democratic referendum to be ignored is not fine.

Of course it is, people are entitled to challenge in whatever way they want, short of violence. Democracy is about free and fair choices, based on facts. With the amount of bullshit and lies (have any of the promises been kept?) swirling around it was hardly fair and therefore questionable in terms of democratic legitimacy, so it's entirely reasonable to question it.

Regardless, it's moot as we are where we are. But supporting the result? Nope.

Last edited:
Of course it is, people are entitled to challenge in whatever way they want, short of violence. Democracy is about free and fair choices, based on facts, With the amount of bullshit and lies (have any of the promises been kept?) swirling around it was hardly fair and therefore questionable in terms of democratic legitimacy, so it's entirely reasonable to question it.

Regardless, it's moot as we are where we are. But supporting the result? Nope.
Oh well, at least you now know what I mean by ‘hard remainer’ and that it’s not an insult.

Oh well, at least you now know what I mean by ‘hard remainer’ and that it’s not an insult.

It appears to be something you've dreamt up to label people who disagree with you. A more accurate term would be "people who are capable of critical thinking and calling out lies and bullshit". If it's shorthand for that, then great, we can all agree on that definition and move on.

5a8fd9265e95cea3b4716548acb38315b0a46487.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back