advertisement

Best concert you regret never seeing live but caught up with on video

avole

The wise never post on Internet forums
For me, and I claim quite happily to have underestimated the artist, anyway, is Springsteen at Hyde Park. Worth it alone for Dancing in the Dark - what a performance !

Only Hallyday live in New York comes close - and he, in personal life, was the opposite of the Boss which makes him a difficult listen these days.

Go Brucey!

I'll go along with PF's "Pulse", although I did see the complete band on the "Wish You Were Here" tour, and "The Wall" at Earl's court.

Also, to my eternal shame, I never got to see Rush. I have got the R30, R40, Rio and Time Machine DVDs :).

I'll go along with PF's "Pulse", although I did see the complete band on the "Wish You Were Here" tour, and "The Wall" at Earl's court.

Also, to my eternal shame, I never got to see Rush. I have got the R30, R40, Rio and Time Machine DVDs :).

I'm jealous of your PF concerts, but I did get to see Rush during their Time Machine tour. It was phenomenal. The sheer musicianship was at times breathtaking. :)

Stop Making Sense obv.
Understandably, as I live on the wrong side of the Atlantic.
I did, however see them on the Speaking In Tongues tour over here (and Remain In Light, and Fear Of Music), so not totally gutted.

Don't you find PF a touch on the dull side? I mean, I'm not saying pretentious nonsense by any means, but can they really compare with this :

Must be honest, though. My interest in Pink Floyd dwindled when I left the druggie phase of my life. Should re-listen, I suppose, but what I found magical and involving last time I tried, in my hash free zone they had me reaching for the off button reasonably quickly.

Last edited:
Oh, that's an easy one. Underworld at the BBC 6 Music Festival in Belfast a few years ago.

I took my son on the Friday to see Orbital etc and originally had a hotel booking to stay over on the Friday night. Stupid me cancelled that though and never booked the only £18 tickets to see 20 other bands on the Saturday, inc Underworld.

Orbital weren't at their best as the show, they had a few technical issues. So was at home Saturday evening to watch Underworld on the tele. It was flipping biblical, you could feel the energy coming through the tele. To make it worse, the bouncer who we stood next to was merely nodding his head to Orbital at the front. He was grinning ear to ear to Underworld and appeared to be almost levitating at one point!

It's all on You Tube as well so I have often tortured myself for free on late boring nights.

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin at the O2 in 2007 - eventually released as Celebration Day. I really tried to get tickets but like thousands of others failed.

The video shows a camaraderie which seems genuine - and they had rehearsed really hard to ensure that the previous reunion debacles were placed in context - plus the staging was fantastic.

I was however lucky enough to see them in Aberdeen in 1973 - my first ever concert. I guess I started at the top!

Led Zeppelin at the O2 in 2007 - eventually released as Celebration Day. I really tried to get tickets but like thousands of others failed.

The video shows a camaraderie which seems genuine - and they had rehearsed really hard to ensure that the previous reunion debacles were placed in context - plus the staging was fantastic.

I was however lucky enough to see them in Aberdeen in 1973 - my first ever concert. I guess I started at the top!

I applied for tickets in mine and my then girlfriends name. My girlfriend was offered tickets in the draw and I offered to fly us down from Newcastle etc. She wouldn't go......

We are still together and the concert is a standing joke between us now. It does hurt that I could have been there!

Faith no more at Brixton Academy and Portishead in NYC.

S

I saw Faith No More on their first tour with the original singer Chuck Mosely. It was at the Queen Margaret Union in Glasgow.

They blew their PA and ended up turning their stage monitors towards the audience. The sound, sadly, was terrible.

The support band were a Ramones clone called the Cretins.

I saw Faith No More on their first tour with the original singer Chuck Mosely. It was at the Queen Margaret Union in Glasgow.

Fabulous.....I did catch them eventually, but it was the angel dust tour at Sheffield arena!

S

They blew their PA and ended up turning their stage monitors towards the audience. The sound, sadly, was terrible.

The support band were a Ramones clone called the Cretins.

I saw them at Leas Cliff Hall on that tour - IIRC, Sounds really rated them so me and a couple of metalheads from Kent Uni went to check them out. All I can remember from that gig was the support act, Iron Maiden wannabees, Wolfsbane (no surprise later on that their lead singer Blaze Bailey covered for Bruve Dickinson) who were sh*t, Chuck Moseley in a bear suit minus the head and a cover of 'War Pigs'. None of us were particularly impressed by them either, apart from the Sabs cover.

I did see Faith No More at Rock City (1997 I think)

The girlfriend I had at the time was clingy, and she thought more of it than I did, we saw Terrorvision together as I recall.

It didn’t end well. She was another lunatic.

advertisement

Back