advertisement

It's back!...Spitting Image

After watching the first two episodes I doubt I'll bother watching any more. I was disgusted with it to be honest! If it wasn't for the fact that I watched it with a mate, who may be keener than myself to see further episodes, I'd say I'm definitely not watching any more in fact.

It completely failed to really stick the boot in with trump, bojo etc. bojo is depicted as bumbling, out of his depth etc but not as evil or a menace to society as he should be (a repeated joke is of cummings, an alien, suggesting outrageous new policies and then asking bojo "but would you sack me if I insisted on that?" and bojo replying "oh I don't think there'd be any need to do anything that hasty dominic"). Same with trump really, even though it features his arsehole extending to his mobile to write tweets for him! It's simply nowhere near as nasty as the original. It's a de-clawed version and the worst bit of all it's obviously intended to not overly offend the nonce pond scum that voted leave, for the orange shit gibbon and for bojo over here. And it gets worse... it has a right go at Greta Thunberg (at her "on the spectrum" personality as well as at her policies) and at many progressive, liberal people who are trying to counter the evil of conservatism. It takes the piss out of Nancy Pellosi for example for being "woke" to the needs of the LBGT community and for backing BLM etc! I believe it's shown in USA as well, where Vlad the Impaler would be regarded as a bit of a lefty...

It's sold out 100X worse than John Lydon with the butter adverts!
I voted leave and I am defo not a paedophile. In fact I have a thing for women a touch older than me.

Pond scum I'm happy with, though.

I watched a bit of it and they seemed to be sticking the boot into Lewis Hamilton for standing up for black people.... if that is supposed to be satirical humour then it was lost on me ... I turned it off.

So going by general comments here its okay to attack figures on the right, but don't have a pop at anyone on the left. Even for Pfm thats a bit much.
Surely both sides are fair game.

It appears they used the best bits for the trailers leaving very little left for the show, episode one was OK-ish episode two was poor.

So going by general comments here its okay to attack figures on the right, but don't have a pop at anyone on the left. Even for Pfm thats a bit much.
Surely both sides are fair game.

Absolutely not!!! Never have I read anything so absurd!! The right are bastards, cvnts, low life racist scum who would see poor people starve or die from treatable illnesses, see black people discriminated against, killed by the police etc, deny LBGT people equal rights and allow them to be sacked for being different. They will judge people by how much money they have, which school they went to etc. They would see asylum seekers drown rather than offer them sanctuary. The capitalism uber alles they are glued to meanwhile destroys the planet starting with all it's natural resources, the clearance of rain forests, destroying all flora and fauna and displacing any indigenous humans all to make millionaires into billionaires. They are a force against civilisation and the rise of mankind ever further away from the primordial swamp by pushing the "dog eat dog" "law of the jungle" that would drag us down to the red of tooth and claw of the beasts. They are the lowest dregs of humanity.

Quite how in the name of all that's holy anyone can regard the right and the left as equally acceptable and viable "belief systems" in this modern age of equal rights, "wokeness" etc when the rights mantra is "I'm alright Jack, **** you" beggars belief!

Ever noticed that other than the most extreme like Yaxly-Fascist you never see them justifying or making an argument for their beliefs? Maybe cos they know they are unjustifiable!!? Ever seen one of our resident evil say "here's why I'm really happy for the poor to be trod upon so I can get a little more and why I don't want black people in my street".... No me neither.... doesn't look good old boy and all that... QED even they know it's wrong!

They are therefore the enemy of all that is right and good about humanity and deserve the most severe piss taking imaginable. Meanwhile the likes of Greta Thunberg are the good guys, fighting to save the very planet that sustains us as we fly through space, and those on the left are the ones fighting for equality, fairness and justice for all regardless of race, religion or creed.

I'm underwhelmed by what I've seen of this new series. It's technically clever, but it lacks the energy and sharpness of the original series. Maybe it will find its feet in later episodes, but these things never seem to work so well the second time around.

I confess to only skimming this thread, it appears to contain more bullshit than an early episode of Emmerdale Farm.

My reason for posting? Everyone who viciously attacks political figures, well you get the politicians you deserve! You lose the right to complain, so from here on in, you can shut up. It is absolutely right to challenge politicians on policies, on values and on results, but why (the f**k!!) would an everyday person want to put up with this sort of bollocks? Politics already attracts a disproportionate amount of the wrong people and damages too many of those it does. Why the f**k would a (normal, kind, caring, family, altruistic) typical person want to put up with the savage attack this cheap crappy programme and indeed this thread churns out? Do you really think a young Mum would want to expose her children to their Mum being savagely attacked on the telly? No! Do you think your average Nurse, or Care Worker, Postman would want to expose themselves to this sh*t for a pittance? No! So what does it do? It filters out compassionate people from politics, it leaves us with hard-nosed, arrogant border-line psychopaths who don’t give a sh*t what you think. Don’t believe me? Have a look! Everyone funding this sh*tty programme needs to have a little look at the,selves, they fuel the market - we get thick skinned politicians who are so far removed from you and me that they make no difference. Nothing changes, and why would it? Turn on, tune in, take responsibility! You want good politicians? Bat the policy not the politician!

So when you brutally and inhumanly drive politicians right to the end, you don’t hurt them, because the ones who are left can handle it, they don’t care, what you do is turn the future good people away and hurt yourself. Have a good laugh, the joke"s on you!

Absolutely not!!! Never have I read anything so absurd!! The right are bastards, cvnts, low life racist scum who would see poor people starve or die from treatable illnesses, see black people discriminated against, killed by the police etc, deny LBGT people equal rights and allow them to be sacked for being different. They will judge people by how much money they have, which school they went to etc. They would see asylum seekers drown rather than offer them sanctuary. The capitalism uber alles they are glued to meanwhile destroys the planet starting with all it's natural resources, the clearance of rain forests, destroying all flora and fauna and displacing any indigenous humans all to make millionaires into billionaires. They are a force against civilisation and the rise of mankind ever further away from the primordial swamp by pushing the "dog eat dog" "law of the jungle" that would drag us down to the red of tooth and claw of the beasts. They are the lowest dregs of humanity.

Quite how in the name of all that's holy anyone can regard the right and the left as equally acceptable and viable "belief systems" in this modern age of equal rights, "wokeness" etc when the rights mantra is "I'm alright Jack, **** you" beggars belief!

Ever noticed that other than the most extreme like Yaxly-Fascist you never see them justifying or making an argument for their beliefs? Maybe cos they know they are unjustifiable!!? Ever seen one of our resident evil say "here's why I'm really happy for the poor to be trod upon so I can get a little more and why I don't want black people in my street".... No me neither.... doesn't look good old boy and all that... QED even they know it's wrong!

They are therefore the enemy of all that is right and good about humanity and deserve the most severe piss taking imaginable. Meanwhile the likes of Greta Thunberg are the good guys, fighting to save the very planet that sustains us as we fly through space, and those on the left are the ones fighting for equality, fairness and justice for all regardless of race, religion or creed.
You’ve got to like it. I definitely had to :)

I confess to only skimming this thread, it appears to contain more bullshit than an early episode of Emmerdale Farm.

My reason for posting? Everyone who viciously attacks political figures, well you get the politicians you deserve! You lose the right to complain, so from here on in, you can shut up. It is absolutely right to challenge politicians on policies, on values and on results, but why (the f**k!!) would an everyday person want to put up with this sort of bollocks? Politics already attracts a disproportionate amount of the wrong people and damages too many of those it does. Why the f**k would a (normal, kind, caring, family, altruistic) typical person want to put up with the savage attack this cheap crappy programme and indeed this thread churns out? Do you really think a young Mum would want to expose her children to their Mum being savagely attacked on the telly? No! Do you think your average Nurse, or Care Worker, Postman would want to expose themselves to this sh*t for a pittance? No! So what does it do? It filters out compassionate people from politics, it leaves us with hard-nosed, arrogant border-line psychopaths who don’t give a sh*t what you think. Don’t believe me? Have a look! Everyone funding this sh*tty programme needs to have a little look at the,selves, they fuel the market - we get thick skinned politicians who are so far removed from you and me that they make no difference. Nothing changes, and why would it? Turn on, tune in, take responsibility! You want good politicians? Bat the policy not the politician!

So when you brutally and inhumanly drive politicians right to the end, you don’t hurt them, because the ones who are left can handle it, they don’t care, what you do is turn the future good people away and hurt yourself. Have a good laugh, the joke"s on you!

You've got it the wrong way round - If the people running the country were nice, normal people the program wouldn't exist.

So only the nasty ones get humiliated and the nice ones get away scot free, or just the ones the producers don’t like the policies of?

My reason for posting? Everyone who viciously attacks political figures, well you get the politicians you deserve! You lose the right to complain, so from here on in, you can shut up. It is absolutely right to challenge politicians on policies, on values and on results, but why (the f**k!!) would an everyday person want to put up with this sort of bollocks?

Whilst I agree with some of what you say, politics has always been, to quote some politician whose name escapes me 'A rough old business'. That's been true for as long as there's been such a thing as politics. It's especially true of countries such as the US and UK where, effectively, there's only ever going to be one or other of two parties in power. In such a context, your opponents have to be evil, lower than vermin, or out to steal all your money and make you a slave of the state. Sadly, in all this, nuance and subtlety have no place, and the meek tend not to inherit the earth. The thing is, I can't recall it ever being any different.

What's more, personality and policies are inextricably intertwined. Boris Johnson, for example, is clearly a lying, two-faced sack of shit, so it's no surprise that his policies are all over the place, and change with the weather. David Cameron was a bright, but lazy bloke from a privileged background, who couldn't imagine things not turning out as planned, and who consequently walked away from the mess he helped create.

How do we go about changing this into something less awful? I don't think stopping a satirical puppet show watched by an audience measured in the low thousands would make much difference, especially now we have Twitter with an audience of billions, many of whom seem to spend their lives demonising not just politicians, but anyone to whom they take exception. Indeed, it's difficult enough to keep the bile out of discussions about those ostensibly on the same side, let alone those in opposing parties.

I see depiffle has had a haircut for his latest HoC lockdown announcement, I guess he saw himself on the latest Spitting Image episode on Saturday.

3500.jpg

I haven't watched it, but my Mum has and this was her comment: "We watched Spitting Image last night in stony silence - the puppets are nowhere near as ludicrous as the real thing"

Lots of YouTube comments saying the most recent episode was very funny.

advertisement

Back