advertisement

CRITICAL MASS SYSTEMS, Center Stage2

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, well these footers are all over other forums, they are feet that go under your equipment, not under your existing feet, under the case, you need 4 of these per box, as opposed to 3, which people like to do, they are getting rave reviews, from all who try them, Caution these are far from cheap, they come in three sizes, just under an inch,8/10, one inch, and a inch and a half, the small ones are £235 each, £940, per box up to £675 each £2700, again per box, i would need four sets of four, £ 10,800 ouch indeed, there are many reviews on these, all good, comparing them to a major unit upgrade,
http://www.criticalmasssystems.com/productPages/centerStage.html
so get saving, trouble is you might have to sell your system to afford them,

Last edited:
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL - I can't think of any other comment, TBH

How Does Center Stage2 Work?
Gain, relative permittivity and the efficiency of electrical devices can be expressed as dimensionless numbers. For a moment, think of electricity as dimensionless energy moving through 3 dimensional pathways; printed circuit boards, resistors, capacitors, inductors, power supplies, wire, transformers, etc. When vibration is introduced into the atmosphere at the front baffle of the loudspeakers, vibration becomes a 3-dimensional form of energy that can only dissipate by permeating into 3-dimensional objects causing an unnaturally high state of mechanical excitation to occur within them; the objects vibrate. They will continue to vibrate when music is playing and eventually establish a relatively constant state of unnaturally high equilibrium that is well known to degrade the performance of audio components.

It might be more appropriate to view Center Stage2 as a catalyst in a complex energy reaction that occurs between your equipment and its environment. While this amount of kinetic and vibration energy is relatively small, the sonic consequences can be very large if these energies are unregulated and undamped. Center Stage2 is a catalyst designed to change the prevailing state of equilibrium in that energy reaction and to permanently hold it in a reduced or damped state. Center Stage2 is different and better because it uses novel applications in material science to achieve its isolation and damping benefits. Your components will now immerse you in a sonic environment that has been described as a unified acoustic field. That’s why we think our product is aptly named when we describe the listener experience as being “Center Stage”.

Some are simple facts - dimensionless numbers for instance, but some are downright impossible - dimensionless electricity for instance.

Total BS for sure.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL - I can't think of any other comment, TBH

How Does Center Stage2 Work?
Gain, relative permittivity and the efficiency of electrical devices can be expressed as dimensionless numbers. For a moment, think of electricity as dimensionless energy moving through 3 dimensional pathways; printed circuit boards, resistors, capacitors, inductors, power supplies, wire, transformers, etc. When vibration is introduced into the atmosphere at the front baffle of the loudspeakers, vibration becomes a 3-dimensional form of energy that can only dissipate by permeating into 3-dimensional objects causing an unnaturally high state of mechanical excitation to occur within them; the objects vibrate. They will continue to vibrate when music is playing and eventually establish a relatively constant state of unnaturally high equilibrium that is well known to degrade the performance of audio components.

It might be more appropriate to view Center Stage2 as a catalyst in a complex energy reaction that occurs between your equipment and its environment. While this amount of kinetic and vibration energy is relatively small, the sonic consequences can be very large if these energies are unregulated and undamped. Center Stage2 is a catalyst designed to change the prevailing state of equilibrium in that energy reaction and to permanently hold it in a reduced or damped state. Center Stage2 is different and better because it uses novel applications in material science to achieve its isolation and damping benefits. Your components will now immerse you in a sonic environment that has been described as a unified acoustic field. That’s why we think our product is aptly named when we describe the listener experience as being “Center Stage”.

I love this, almost out of Reality at Risk by Rovelli, although 3 dimensional is flat earth - to quote another thread; 4 dimensions and multiple dimensions are the way to go, perhaps using timeless elastomers!

The total lunacy is that you'd have to have quite some system to say the least, so that spending this sort of cash on an absolutely proven conventional bit of kit, would not be the first, second, third, fourth..................in the list to do.

In all the reviews, they say that these footers, actually make your system sound awful, for about 5-7 days then they come on song, but still need 2 weeks from new to here a real difference, HI-FI + give it a rave review, and i think they are quite a honest and fair magazine, and this one from Posi + ive feedback thinks they are awesome, but he was given 30 of them by crit/mass, to replace the 30 older versions he has,
https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/critical-mass-systems-center-stage-footer/
well worth a read

Hi, well these footers are all over other forums, they are feet that go under your equipment, not under your existing feet, under the case, you need 4 of these per box, as opposed to 3, which people like to do, they are getting rave reviews, from all who try them, Caution these are far from cheap, they come in three sizes, just under an inch,8/10, one inch, and a inch and a half, the small ones are £235 each, £940, pre box up to £675 each £2700, again per box, i would need four sets of four, £ 10,800 ouch indeed, there are many reviews on these, all good, comparing them to a major unit upgrade,
http://www.criticalmasssystems.com/productPages/centerStage.html
so get saving, trouble is you might have to sell your system to afford them,

I would be interested in your listening impressions if you did a demo.

The "BS' explanations from the manufacturer neither prove nor disprove anything.

Everything i know is now wrong.

Ditch the amp upgrade, I'm getting a dozen of these little beauties.

advertisement

Back