advertisement

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Audio product which really floats your boat !

I’ll shortly buying a pair of the Hattor ultimate Hypex nc500 class D amplifier monoblocks, 400w 8 ohm. I already have a Hattor ultimate active/passive preamp so the nc500 are the natural partners.

Silver, black and real wood front panels but Arek is extremely helpful and Will accommodate any customers wishes if possible. Top bloke imo.

CB Nait 2 for me.
90374613-441-F-40-A3-BEE2-61-E250-F68871-1-201-a.jpg

I’m no Naim fan from countless listens through the years but it does bring back fond memories of the 42/110 I bought. I started with Pink Triangle, Syrinx PU3, A&R 77 I think, Rotel RA-820 and Heybrook HB1 or 2 I forget which, then changed to the 42/110. Then went all in and within a year or two LP12, Ittok, Troika, LK1-LK2 and Isobariks, then changed the amps later to Kairn and Klout.

I sort of call that phase 1 of the long journey. Phase 2 went to Nottingham Analogue, various Lyra and Benz Glider, various valve amps, Opera speakers then Cadence Anaya speakers.

When we look back through photos, we’ve had a lot of fun with different kit and stages of our lives. I don’t know about you guys but I also think of the vinyl, radio or digital I listened to heavily and associate with each era too.

I miss Julian Vereker. I chatted with him a few times at the US CES events back in the Eighties, he had a wonderfully droll sense of humor. A good bloke indeed. (It was particularly fun watching him struggle to hide his thinly-veiled disdain for the American window-shoppers he’d encounter at those trade shows.)

Edit: Sorry for the thread tangent, Sandy8’s photo reminded me of Julian and how proud he was of the Nait.

CB Nait 2 for me.a
90374613-441-F-40-A3-BEE2-61-E250-F68871-1-201-a.jpg

Last edited:
The Quad 3 series is unquestionably a design classic. I just loved it from the first time I saw it as a kid and its been a part of my life off and on ever since my first system as a teenager. Still got two 303s in daily use!

I am biased, but...

L-590AXII_front_skew-e1443677405375.jpg

I am falling for its fantastic design and fine build quality. Plus it sounds absolutely superb!

advertisement

Back